Email activation message appears outside view, users are not informed.

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 1 day ago #305179

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mobile browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hello, this happens almost exclusively on devices/mobiles. Some of our users don't realise an activation email is sent because they do not see the green message indicating it.

It happens when a user starts a checkout process and must register. Since the screens are smaller, by the time they get to the bottom and press 'Register', they cannot see the green message at the top which informs about the activation email. A good chunk of our users (they are an older demo) think the site is misbehaving and we find many accounts created but not activated (no they aren't bots, we've contacted the users & that is how we know).

Would a possible solution be to have an option to make the green activation message appear in multiple places on the screens? So in our case, I would have it appear above/below the 'Register' button. Or a send-redirect to the message?

Or are there any other approaches people are using for this?

Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by eskimoroll.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
5 years 1 day ago #305181

Hi,

Just seeing this, so here a quick reply:

It depends on your Joomla template where such (Joomla) system messages appear. Indeed, in almost all cases that's at the top of the component area.

If it's a problem like in your case, two possible solutions I can think of:
- Add some custom Javascript, so the page scrolls up to the message as it appears.
- Or make it a popup/modal. I haven't checked in a while but remember that there are extensions on JED which are displaying system messages as popups.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 1 day ago #305183

Hi,

We already have a system in place to automatically scroll to error messages on the checkout so that mobile users can see them if the message is displayed on the page above the current position.
However, that message is not an error so we don't do it for it.
It is done with the code:

checkScroll: function () {
		var els = document.getElementsByClassName("hikashop_error");
		for (var i = 0; i < els.length; i++) {
			var bounding = els[i].getBoundingClientRect();
			if(bounding.top < 0)
				els[i].scrollIntoView('{block: "start"}');
		}
	}
in the file media/com_hikashop/js/checkout.js
As you can see there, it does it for the "hikashop_error" class, but that message has the class "hikashop_success".
What you could do is replace that hikashop_error there by hikashop_messages which is a class that is added to all types of message.
Note that you'll have to clear your browser's cache after you do the change to get the modification.

The following user(s) said Thank You: eskimoroll

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 9 hours ago #305242

Tested & totally worked, my client is happy! Thanks

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds