Cart & quantity button only appearing on selected product thumbnails.

• Thank you received: 4
5 years 4 weeks ago #305184

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.sewsos.cravens.org.uk/index.php/fabric-3/new-arrivals
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 73.0.3683.86

Hi,

Been struggling with this issue and wondered if anyone could lend a hand?

For some reason, the add to cart and quantity buttons are only appearing on a few select products. Please see attached photo for reference.

- Catalogue mode is not on, I've also attached a copy of the 'new arrivals' menu settings in terms of the product features display.

Any thoughts?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 4 weeks ago #305185

Hi,

From what I understand, that's because you have the "add to cart button" display option activated in the "products options" tab of your menu item.
And the way your template is customizing the product listing, it displays the add to cart button when the product has no variants/characteristics but when it has, instead of displaying the "choose options" button it doesn't display anything.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mad-q

5 years 4 weeks ago #305230

Hi there Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply,

- What's the best way of keeping the variants / characteristics associated with each product, whilst also displaying the add to cart / quantity button?

5 years 4 weeks ago #305231

Hi,

You can't just have the quantity input and add to cart button on the listing if the product has variants. That's because you need to have the customer select also the variant of the product to add to the cart.
That's why we display instead a "choose options" button that directs to the product page where the customer can select the variant before adding to the cart.
Adding the variants selection on the listing of each product would require a lot of complex development.
And having the add to cart button without the variant selection on the listing doesn't make sense.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mad-q

5 years 4 weeks ago #305270

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply, I understand now how this would be too complex to implement, thank you for your time.

5 years 3 weeks ago #305392

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply in regards to this issue, thought I'd update you as I've removed the variants from some products and it still no add to cart button. These products do still have characteristics, would this still be a problem?

5 years 3 weeks ago #305398

Hi,

Yes. You need to remove the characteristics from the product too.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds