Remove "Items in stock" level from product page

• Thank you received: 7
5 years 1 week ago #305624

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.stutteringtherapyresources.com/store...py-a-practical-guide
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4

Hello - I have searched the forum and found some older messages about removing the "items in stock" tally from the product page, but I was wondering if there were any updates to this so that perhaps it can be done directly from the backend. (It would be a nice feature to have.)

If there is not, I understand that I can do this with CSS, but it would help me greatly if you can tell me which view I should be editing and which code I should comment out so it does not show the inventory levels.

I previously have not kept the inventory levels in HikaShop because I didn't want this to show, but if I could remove that, then I could put my inventory levels in and that would help me quite a bit in using the system.

I have attached a screenshot showing the bit from my product page. I definitely still want to keep the quantity input button with the plus and minus. I just want to remove the "478 items in stock."

Thank you in advance for your help!
Scott

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 1 week ago #305627

Hi,

Using CSS will hide the stock but it will still be in the HTML of the page.
What I recommend usually instead is to do a translation override of the translation keys X_ITEMS_IN_STOCK and X_ITEM_IN_STOCK. This can be done in the backend configuration page, under the languages tab as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

The following user(s) said Thank You: jsyaruss

5 years 1 week ago #305639

Aaah - excellent. I saw the instructions for that before, but didn't see how it was going to remove the number. (I figured it would just remove the text.) But, I set them both to null strings and now it is exactly as I wanted. So, all is well. Thanks much! -Scott

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 1 week ago #305646

Hello,

Happy to be helpful to you, don't forget that if you want help us you can leave a review on our Joomla Directory page .
Thanks for supporting HikaShop.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Philip.

5 years 1 week ago #305659

Yes indeed! I have done so, especially focusing on your responsive support. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds