Category dropdown not closing

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 1 week ago #305714

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome ie

When we go to the site the category listing is closed.
I can easly open it to see the specific products from a selected category.
At that time the category listing is fully open (1 only have one level).
I'm searching on a way to close this opened dropdown, so the user only see again only the closed drop down.

In my menu I use the category listing as a root.
The children are product listings:

Scrapbooking (Alias: evergreen-collection) HikaShop » Categories listing
– Evergreen (Alias: evergreen) HikaShop » Products listing
– Summer Tales (Alias: summer-tales) HikaShop » Products listing

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 1 week ago #305733

Hi,

First we would need to look at the page directly to analyze the situation (HTML, javascript, etc).
You already gave a link to the website but it requires a user account to be able to access it.
Could you also provide that ?
If you need to send the credentials privately, you can use our contact form and include a link to this thread in your message:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 2 days ago #305892

Hi Nicolas.
The site is now open for public/guests.
You can see the dropdown and behaviour when for instance selecting scrapbooking.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 1 day ago #305899

Hi,

That left module is a menu items module. It's not a HikaShop module. Would you replace all the menu items displayed by it with Joomla articles and Joomla categories, you would have the same issue.
So the behavior of that module depends on the code of that module and you should contact the developer of that module, and if you're using the default menu module of Joomla, that's something to ask on forum.joomla.org

However, I'm afraid that if you want to keep using the menu module you're currently using, you would have to modify the code of the module to handle the "closing" of the sub menu items panel. Your menu module probably works as an accordion and not as a "dropdown", so that means that to close the panel of sub menu items of a main menu item, you need to select another main menu item.

You'll find plenty of alternatives for menu modules on the Joomla Extensions Directory:
extensions.joomla.org/category/menu-systems/

Supposing that you're using Joomla's menu module, I would personally recommend to first post on forum.joomla.org about your issue and see if anyone has an easy solution you can implement.
And while waiting, I would investigate for another menu module on the JED. I'm sure several of them can work like you want it to.

5 years 1 day ago #305920

Thanks for the feedback.
Im using indeed the joomla menu module.
I will have a look at their forum, or follow your advice and search for a good extension.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds