URL in Contact Request Going to Backend

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 1 week ago #305822

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2

When someone clicks on "Have a question about this product?" and I get the email, the link in the email takes me to the backend of the site. I then have to login to view the item.

Is there a way to make the link take me to the product on the front end of the site so I don't have to login to see the product?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 1 week ago #305844

Hi,

You can change the tag {PRODUCT_DETAILS} to {FRONT_PRODUCT_DETAILS} in the HTML version of the contact request email via the menu System>Emails menu to do that.
For the next version of HikaShop, we'll look at having both frontend and backend links in the contact request email by default.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 week ago #305845

I will try that - thank you!

I would also like to add the photo of the product in the Contact request. How can I do that please?

Thanks!

5 years 1 week ago #305846

Hi,

That's a lot more complex as the data is not loaded and the image is is not generated in the email. So it would require some more complex coding in the preload version of the email, especially if you have variants for your products as in that case it also needs to look into both the images of the main product and the images of the variant.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 5 days ago #305936

Thank nicolas.

I tried to send the form before entering the captcha and it cleared all the fields so I had to reenter all the content again. Is there a way to prevent it from doing that.

Thanks!

5 years 2 days ago #305956

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback on that. There was indeed some code missing in the Recaptcha plugin to handle that properly. I've made the necessary changes to the plugin for that to work properly. Download again the install package of the Recaptcha plugin on our website and install it again on yours to get the patch and it should then work properly.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #308786

Hi Nicolas,

The Contact Request email does not have a URL at all. I had added the code that you suggested above: www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-backend.html#305844

How do I fix this please?

Thanks!

4 years 9 months ago #308809

Hi,

Then that means that either:
- you made a mistake when doing the change, so please double check
- you have an override of the preload of the email from an old version of HikaShop. So check on that and remove the override on the preload for that email if any.
- you have an old version of HikaShop where the FRONT_PRODUCT_DETAILS tag isn't generated in the preload. In which case you would have to update HikaShop.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #309038

Hi Nicolas,

1) I just upgraded to 4.2.0. I did NOT apply any modifications yet to the email template. I tried sending a request but it's not working and I tried it on Firefox and Chrome. The spinning wait tingy just keeps spinning and nothing is happening.

2) Also, SOMETIMES, when I click in the captcha box, it does not show the box with the options to select instead it just adds the tick right away.

Thanks!

4 years 9 months ago #309046

Hi,

1. Please provide a link with precise instructions to reproduce the problem.

2. That's normal. That just means that ReCaptcha already knows you're not a robot.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #309058

1) I sent the URL via your contact form. After you enter all the information, and click on send, it does nothing.

2) OK. Thanks! Good to know.

4 years 9 months ago #309063

Hi,

1. This comes from a customization that was done on the product / contact.php view file.
The buttons of the contact form have been moved outside of the form element:
monosnap.com/file/1Tpg8uuCR2KTY2AlFC6Taazh4f5jLq
The contact form can only work if the buttons are inside the form element as it is the case by default in recent versions of HikaShop.
So you'll have to change that or remove your override on that view file to fix the problem.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #309138

I got it working. Thank you very much!

Just a suggestion.... Maybe add a link on the product name/image so users can click on it to go back to the product details (in case they want to go back and check something before sending the email).

Thanks!!

4 years 8 months ago #309149

Thank you for your feedback. It's noted.
Note however that the "cancel" button is supposed to bring them back to the product page already.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds