How to make a mobile version of 2 products in a row

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #306333

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hi, everybody. Friends help solve my problem. Who knows how to make in mobile version of the hikashop grid output 2 products in a row? like as in the picture.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 11 months ago #306335

Hi,

You would have to add CSS to change the width of the elements on mobile devices.
With a link to that page, we should be able to tell you what CSS to add.

4 years 11 months ago #306345

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 11 months ago #306356

Hello,

Thanks for the link, now in order to guide you, first I invite you to have a look of this documentation about the @media rule.

Now you have to use this kind of code must do the trick :

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
.hikashop_products_listing .hikashop_product {
width: 50%;
}
}

This code will be only applied when the screen won't be superior to 600 pixels.
So now, it's up to you to adjust from your needs this code.

Regards

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Philip.

4 years 11 months ago #306669

Thanks so much. It worked.

Please tell me what can be done to speed up the loading of pages?
The average speed of loading pages of my site is about 10 seconds. Google PageSpeed Insights indicates that some of the issues are directly related to hikashop. what can be done to reduce the download speed?

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 11 months ago #306681

Hi,

I have been asking same question again and again. Whenever hikashop ads new feature, it also ads extra css,js files. As example new price cursor which came with hikashop 4.1.0. It loads 3 extra files for it to work. :blink: Those files usually have only few lines of code which could be added in one file or they are even not needed because joomla template we are using has it own like font-awesome.... The answer is always the same. Easier to update, maintain and so on... Maybe if more people will start to complain about this then they gonna start to listen??

Now to increase your site speed you may want to try plugin JCH Optimize. It will put all your css,js files into one and minify it, those reducing requests to server, but again why would we need to use third party plugin if someone not willing to do best practise...? My self, i had no luck with that plugin...

What helped was this plugin "JCC - JS CSS Control". Where you can remove unwanted css, js files from your Joomla site. But this is more for advanced users, and you should be careful with it...

Thanks

4 years 11 months ago #306674

Hi,

I don't see any issue with HikaShop on your pages regarding the speed.
The pages are generated in less than a second.
What takes time is loading all the js and css files you have on each page so what you can do is use JCH optimize to compress the CSS and javascript files on the fly. That usually helps a lot.
Also, you have mc.yandex.ru/metrika/tag.js which does a lot of javascript processing on your pages and slows down the full loading of the page. So maybe you can remove it/use something else/see if it can be optimized (loaded after the full page load for example)
These are the two main things which would help the most.
Now you have a lot of products on your listing pages so it means a lot of images and HTML. If you want to speed up the loading, you can also reduce the number of products per page in the listings but it will help less than the 2 other points.

@kyratn : While I appreciate your feedback, some pieces of your message look more like a rant than a feedback. Your point of view has been taken into account in previous threads and if others provide similar feedback we will reconsider what can and what cannot be done. However, that doesn't mean it is related to the page speed on this website.
Your example with font-awesome and your template is actually the worst example you could take to push your point. If we were to include it with all the rest of the CSS in one file, you would have the font-awesome CSS in double on your website and you wouldn't be able to easily remove HikaShop's (you would have to modify the CSS file of HikaShop after each update to remove it). On top of that, you wouldn't be able to deactivate the fontawesome CSS from HikaShop like you currently can thanks to the "font-awesome" hidden setting we've added a couple versions back.

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 11 months ago #306695

Hi,

@Nicolas

If you read my message again you should see that font-awesome example was about that some joomla templates include own libraries or are build on them. Now hikashop is part of it as compenent which force you to use same libraries and not allowing you just disable them with simple config ON or OFF....

I am not saying that everything should be included into one file but honestly if css file has only few lines of code why it cant be added somewhere else?

As example notify-metro.css has only few lines of code so why it can't be added into vex.css? It's a part of the same plugin... or by default vex popup is set to use default theme so half of vex.css code could be just removed as no one is using it. I am not even sure if this file had any updates since release.... I could give more examples like this...

Don't get me wrong. I am happy with hikashop but definitely some improvements could be made here.

Thank you for your time

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by kyratn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

4 years 10 months ago #306753

What you offered me didn't help. But the problem is not only that the page is loaded for a long time, when you click add to cart, change the quantity of one product and when ordering when you start to change something for a very long time there is data processing. for the sake of interest, try to place an order without payment and see how long the whole procedure will take

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I don't see any issue with HikaShop on your pages regarding the speed.
The pages are generated in less than a second.
What takes time is loading all the js and css files you have on each page so what you can do is use JCH optimize to compress the CSS and javascript files on the fly. That usually helps a lot.
Also, you have mc.yandex.ru/metrika/tag.js which does a lot of javascript processing on your pages and slows down the full loading of the page. So maybe you can remove it/use something else/see if it can be optimized (loaded after the full page load for example)
These are the two main things which would help the most.
Now you have a lot of products on your listing pages so it means a lot of images and HTML. If you want to speed up the loading, you can also reduce the number of products per page in the listings but it will help less than the 2 other points.

@kyratn : While I appreciate your feedback, some pieces of your message look more like a rant than a feedback. Your point of view has been taken into account in previous threads and if others provide similar feedback we will reconsider what can and what cannot be done. However, that doesn't mean it is related to the page speed on this website.
Your example with font-awesome and your template is actually the worst example you could take to push your point. If we were to include it with all the rest of the CSS in one file, you would have the font-awesome CSS in double on your website and you wouldn't be able to easily remove HikaShop's (you would have to modify the CSS file of HikaShop after each update to remove it). On top of that, you wouldn't be able to deactivate the fontawesome CSS from HikaShop like you currently can thanks to the "font-awesome" hidden setting we've added a couple versions back.

4 years 10 months ago #306759

Hi,

This indicates that you have shipping methods configured to retrieve shipping rates and the time you have to wait is the time it takes to connect to the shipping server and get back an answer from it.
So I would recommend to review your shipping methods.
You might want to restrict them. For example if you restrict them to only the "registered" user group, then the shipping methods will only be calculated after the registration and thus the add to cart and the beginning of the checkout won't have the long wait anymore.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds