Internal Server Errors when selecting a Product Listing

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #306349

We just updated our site to the latest version of Hikashop Essential, Joomla 3.9.5, and PHP 7.2.

Since then whenever we click on the Books category product listing, we get an Internal Server Error. If we click around in the Shop and eventually come back to it suddenly the Books products show.

Books is the only category with sub-categories in our store. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I've tried different PHP versions but still get the same issue. Any idea on how to address this?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 11 months ago #306350

Hi,

You should check the PHP error log of your server, it will contain the corresponding error message.
Based on what you're describing, I'm suspecting that it might be linked to the support of webp thumbnails. This requires generating the thumbnails in webp format for your images and if the memory_limit setting of your php.ini is too low, it might crash when generating the thumbnails, especially if you have images with a high resolution for your products.

The following user(s) said Thank You: danahaynes

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #306506

Thanks for your help.

A lot of our products were assigned to the root 'product category' category, as well as their shop category, like Jewelry.

When we updated Hikashop all of those 'product category' products showed on the shop home page along with the actual product categories.

When we unassigned the 'product category' category from those products, the issue seems to have gone away.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds