Pricing in vendor section results in FREE product.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #309309

Hikashop Business Edition 4.2.1
HikaSerial 3.0.1
Hikamarket 3.0.2

Basically, I cannot get the price to remain consistent if I go into the record and change anything. It just shows FREE.

There seem to a variety of problems associated with the pricing structure and how it works between the configuration setup in the back-end and the author (vendor) section product new/edit product/book.

There is a specific issue in the pricing element of the vendor product/book ADD/EDIT section.

This image 1 shows how the page should look with the NDY price as $0.00 and is how it looks after adding the record and before I make any kind of modification (not pricing) to the product record.

Image 2 shows how I’ve set up the pricing. I’ve left the date restriction clear because there’s no limit between the full RRP and the NDY price. This is how the record looks AFTER saving the record. This produces the result you see in Image 1.

I then go in and change ‘something’ in the record (anything except price). So, Image 3 is a simple example of changing some of the text in the description. There is no change anywhere else, but after I save it the pricing structure changes to the one you can see in Image 4.

In Image 4 the price has now changed to reflect a restriction of a past date completely invalidating the restricted price setting and ignoring both the restricted price AND the discounted price.

See Image 5 - This is the result of the changes showing in Images 3 & 4. The product is now completely FREE and the only way to change it is to go BACK into the record, delete the restricted price, redo the price without the date restriction and save it again.

Just to show you how the pricing is configured in the backend, here’s a screenshot of the setting I’ve currently got it allocated to. It makes virtually NO DIFFERENCE how I set this section – the image remains the same as above in Image 5.

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Jerome. Reason: Transferring content from the RTF document into the forum message

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 8 months ago #309357

Hello,

I'm sorry but we cannot provide support via doc/rtf documents.
The forum allow to add images etc ; and all that content can be searched (and read) by other persons, giving the knowledge for everybody.
So please do not include external documents with your text and images, use directly the forum for that.

The issue you have is a common issue regarding the configuration of the timezone in your server (and website).
You will see the same kind of issue when editing the product in the HikaShop backend, the dates will change each time you save the product, adding one hour each time.
Unfortunately, the effect in HikaMarket is more visible but the way to solve the issue is to configure your server and website with the same timezone.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 years 8 months ago #309358

Jerome wrote: Hello,

I'm sorry but we cannot provide support via doc/rtf documents.

Please REMOVE the rtf option in your uploads.

4 years 8 months ago #309359

Jerome.

Thank you that sorted it. (y)

One question....

If it is such a common problem WHY hasn't someone added a note in the Hikashop manual. I can't be the only person to have wasted days and days trying to sort out a convoluted configuration only to find I had no hope of resolving it without being aware of something totally unrelated to Hikashop being responsible. I must have read your manual ten to fifteen times trying to resolve this. I've searched your forum countless times, but not seen this solution and I've tried different phrasing of the searches in the hope of finding an answer.

I have more issues to resolve and would prefer it if your manual or FAQ was more comprehensive so that I didn't have to spend half a day each time defining the problem for you only to find that it's something 'common' that could/should have been searchable.

Thanks again for making me feel totally stupid.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 8 months ago #309360

Hello,

It is a common server configuration problem.
That issue have various effect including creating time shifting each time you a date is converted into a timestamp within Joomla.
I can open a ticket for HikaShop in order to see if something could be done in the configuration to detect the issue ; but the nature of the issue is not HikaShop or HikaMarket ; it is the fact that when a date is converted into a timestamp (or the opposite), the conversion is not accurate due to the timezone mismatch.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 years 8 months ago #309395

I think the programmers have more important things to do. I just think a helpful comment on the pricing page of the manual saying something like

"Warning! Incompatible setting of your Website and Server timezones may create errors in setting price restrictions."

It's a five minute task and absolves you of all further requirements to respond. It would also save someone like me from days of frustration of trying to decide if it's me, the website, or the component causing the problem. There are so many different settings where if you get one aspect wrong it creates a problem throughout the site that a simple explanation 'might' save everyone some frustration and wasted effort.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 8 months ago #309560

Hello,

Please REMOVE the rtf option in your uploads.

You're right we'll do it as soon as possible !

Thanks again for making me feel totally stupid.

That clearly wasn't the goal, the issue was coming from your website/server and caused an issue on HikaShop and not HikaMarket.
That's probably why Jerome who's only responsible for the support of HikaMarket and HikaSerial could only state the fact that it wasn't coming from HikaMarket.

We really apologize, the main goal here was to help you identify what was causing you that issue as soon as possible.

I just think a helpful comment on the pricing page of the manual saying something like :
"Warning! Incompatible setting of your Website and Server timezones may create errors in setting price restrictions."

That's a good idea, even if we didn't had a lot of customers who had that issue, we should have done it from the start.

Thanks for your useful feedback, we really appreciate it !

We wish you a nice day,
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lesk

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds