Different Category Listings with Different Numbers of Columns

• Thank you received: 7
4 years 6 months ago #310382

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.StutteringTherapyResources.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11

Hi -
I'm not entirely sure how to explain what I want, so I'm going to try with pictures.

I want to get different levels of categories to display different numbers of columns. A top-level category should display 2 columns but a sub-category should display 3 columns.

here's the situation:

My top menu has 2 categories, listed in 2 columns, like this:

(here is the link to that page: www.stutteringtherapyresources.com/store )

The left option (Guides and Books) goes to a product listing, and it has 3 columns just like I want it to.

(here is the link to that page: www.stutteringtherapyresources.com/store...apy-guides-and-books )

The right option (OASES) goes to another category listing. It has 2 columns just like this top level category listing. It looks like this:

(here is the link to that page: www.stutteringtherapyresources.com/store/category/oases )

What I'd really like to be able to do is that that second-level category - the one that currently has 2 columns with the OASES category listings - to actually have 3 columns so it looks like my product category listing. (I have many of these entries, and it will make the page easier to use if it has 3 columns instead of 2 columns.)

Is this possible? Thank you in advance for your help!
Scott

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 6 months ago #310425

Hi,

Yes. Create a sub menu item of your "store" menu item with the name "Oases" and select that Oases category as main category of the menu item (and make sure that its parent menu item is the "store" menu item.
That way, when you click on the oases category, it will switch automatically to that sub menu item and it will use the display settings of that sub menu item. So in the "categories options" tab of that sub menu item, you'll be able to set a number of columns different than the one in the store menu item.
Note that this might not work if you have a canonical URL in the settings of that Oases category. So if you don't see a change, check that setting of the category. If it's not empty, try emptying it and test again.
Note also that this means that the menu item will appear as a sub menu item in your main menu. So you'll also want to turn off the "Display in Menu" setting of the sub menu item so that it doesn't appear in your main menu but is still used by HikaShop for the Oases category link.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jsyaruss

• Thank you received: 7
4 years 6 months ago #310461

This is outstanding. Thank you for the very clear explanation. I now have the site displaying just as I want. Much appreciated!
Scott

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds