• Thank you received: 5
4 years 7 months ago #310826

-- url of the page with the problem -- : americathebeautiful.shop
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a

I am setting up the shop so that the same product can be purchased by retail or wholesale customers. Each group will see a different price and will have different payment/shipping options.

One problem I am trying to solve is how to display Wholesale packaging pictures so that only wholesale customers can see them.
Additionally, I would like to have text visible only to wholesale customers.

Is there a third party ACL plugin you suggest that could handle the text in the description?
Or is there another trick so that I can display everything a retail customer can see and additional text and pictures only for Wholeslesale customers?

Another option would be to create product duplicates and make those only visible to wholesale customers.

Which option do you suggest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 7 months ago #310838

Hi,

If restricting the content in the description is ok with you, you can use this plugin:
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/conditionalcontent
It's a proven extension which works great for doing that, and even the free version does what you need.
You could duplicate the products too, but that will then require a bit more work to manage your shop, so I would rather recommend the first solution.

The following user(s) said Thank You: conticreative

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 7 months ago #310889

Thank you very much for the reply and the suggestion. I haven't used one of those ACL plugins in some time and coming from you I feel better.

What about the product pictures? My client would like to show the product packaged for Wholesale but only to Wholesale customers (naturally).
I told him that very likely the best option we have would be to add those pictures to the ACL text in the description. But if there is some other solution I'd appreciate it.

I am also aware of what a pain it would be to have separate products for WS. Been there, done that. I have actually built complete separate websites for WS purposes. It is equivalent to managing two website, except harder because they have to share some data. PITA.

Anyway, thanks again.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 7 months ago #310943

Hi,

You would indeed have to add these images in the description with the plugin tags.
Now if you're a developper, you can :
- add a column to the "hikashop_file" table in your database via your phpmyadmin
- edit via the menu Display>Views the file of the view which opens in a popup when you edit an image in the backend (you can find which view file to edit by temporarily activating the "Display view files" option of the Hikashop configuration). And in there, add the HTML for a checkbox to file in that new column of the hikashop_file table.
- edit the view file "show_block_img" via the menu Display>Views to display or not the images based on that column just after the line:

foreach($this->element->images as $image) {
If you know PHP, with these indications it should be no problem doing it. Otherwise, you could hire someone to do it for you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: conticreative

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds