Weights on products

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311066

Hello,

When I imported some products from csv, from some reason that I dont know yet, I created on custom field to display the book weight. Now I need that weight to be displayed in hikashop product weight in order to sum it up on shipping methods. The products are many and I cant transfer the weight manualy, so I thought that I will calculate the average weight thought mass action via xls_file and add it later with mass action. Maybe it isnt accurate but I can work it out...

My question: is there any way to transfer the custon field that I created which display the weight to hikashop product weight?

PS Lack of experience, can cause problems. :P

Thank you in advance.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Giscard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 6 months ago #311068

Hi,

With a mass action yes.
You can run a product data mass action with the action "update the values" on the column product_weight in "operation" mode with the value product.XXX where XXX is the column name of your custom field.
When you run the mass action, the data from the custom field will be copied to the product weight.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311086

Hello,

But in the custom_fields I have set the weight in gr. and in hikashop weight I am using (and I need) kilos. Is there a way to change the custom_field weight, with mass action and then copy it on hikashop weight?

Thank you in advance.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 6 months ago #311101

Hi,

Sure.
In that case, instead of product.XXX you can use product.XXX*0.001 in order to convert the grams into kilos when running the mass action.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311180

Hello,

Everything works fine.

Thank you very much.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds