Product ID in variants

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313239

Hello,

When I pick a different colour/variant from the dropdown menu, the product ID at link doesnt change, even that there are different IDs in each variant.

Is there a way to change the product's ID at link, based on selection?

Link included.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 4 months ago #313252

Hello,

If we answer you directly to your request, we can only say that this will required some custom code to fill your request.
But maybe, we can offer you another solutions but for this, we have to know what is your goal ?
If you details your goal, with a concrete example (step by step) maybe we can have for you an intermediate or a parallel solution to get what you need.

Awaiting more element from you to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313289

Hello,

I need it for a price comparison site. For example the product that I sent you will be dispayed with other same prodcuts. If the costumer click on the red colour and buy it from my page after the redirect, I would like the red's varation ID to be dispayed on the link, because that ID is be sending in a xml live feed which is being read by the company above, to track the order. The simple way is to re-create these products one-by-one, without variants but I would like to ask you first if there is some other way to do this.

• Thank you received: 13060
4 years 4 months ago #313297

Hi,

There sure is. As Philippe said, with a bit of custom coding you could update the id in the URL of the product details page based on the selected variant. A developer should be able to do that for you for one or two hundred euros I suppose.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313319

Hello,

Well.. I suppose that I would pick the solution: "re-created the prodcuts again". ::P:

Thank you for your information nicolas and Philippe .

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Giscard.

• Thank you received: 75
4 years 4 months ago #313322

Hi,

your initial question is indeed slightly difficult to accomplish, but from your second message I understand you just require a unique link directly to each variant, which is possible and quite easy.
See also this thread where we inquired about this several years ago: www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ls-for-variants.html

It is slightly time consuming since you would manually need to check and add the ID of each variant, but this does give you a unique link for every variant including the variant ID which you can use on your price comparison site and which can then be sent to your xml live feed if a customer clicks a link.
So that might perhaps be an option for you to consider.

Hope that helps.

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by GW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas, Giscard

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313414

Hello,

Thank you for the advice. I read the thread that you sent.
It looks helpful but I have many products that have variation...

Anyways, thank you again for your help @GW.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds