visualize in related products module only those of a particular category

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 4 months ago #313323

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11

Hi, I have Hikashop Business. I would like to add to the product page two slider with related products, one for the category A and one for the category B. Is it possible in hikashop? I am able to create and add two different modules in the product page, but they show the same products. If is possible to restrict the related products to a specific category, could you indicate how to configure it?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 609
4 years 4 months ago #313336

Hello,

The main point in your question, is here :
" two slider with related products, one for the category A and one for the category B"

There is only 2 possibilies :
=> in your module, either you display related product define in the product configuration page itself

Or you display different category, that you can define in your module, in HikaShop Options tab :

But you can't have both, I mean Related product sort per category, so maybe I didn't understand you well, then please provide more elements, or I understood you well, and I'm afraid that what you request isn't possible.

Awaiting more elements from you.
Regards

4 years 4 months ago #313350

Hi, in attachments there are my configuration. In 'conf_prodotto_1.png' you can see the related products configured in the product page, one of them is in category B the others in category A. In the second image in attachments there is the module configuration and the main category is 'Ricette Climatiche' (category B). I would like to see in the module slider only the related products that are in category B, but if I understood well your reply, this isn't possible. Or not?
Thanks a lot for your reply
Regards

Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago #313353

Hello,

No, unfortunately it's not possible without custom development.
From how HikaShop works it's either Related product, that is a linked with a product (different process from a classic category) or category A or Category B.

Maybe your solution will be theoretically to create a 2 specific category for your needs, but of course it's a good solution if you have few product with this specific needs.

Sorry for this return.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lpeyotel

4 years 4 months ago #313395

Thank you for your reply, probably I will customize by code.
Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 4 months ago #313548

lpeyotel wrote: I am able to create and add two different modules in the product page, but they show the same products

The most important part of what you're trying to do is to create two separate modules which show different content. However, you say that the separate modules are showing the same products. I assume that your separate modules have different settings.

I also have multiple modules on the same page and each has different settings. They worked properly and showed different products until I upgraded to version 4.2.2. When I reverted back to the previous version, they started working again. I eventually figured out that the problem is in the file at /components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php.

Something changed in view.html.php that has changed the behavior in the individual mod_hikashop module instances. It appears that the settings for Main Category, Synchronize, and Relation are being ignored -- no matter how I set them, I get the same (incorrect) set products displayed for all modules on the page. I believe this is a bug.

Try replacing view.html.php with an earlier version and see if your modules behave correctly.

Good luck!

4 years 4 months ago #313555

Hello,

As told previously, in HikaShop, related products and categories don't work in the same way, and to precise my idea :
- 2 differents modules set with 2 differents categories, will display each his own category
- 2 related products module will always display the same related product from the current product (displayed in product page)

From this, I don't see how you can have as required by lpeyotel, 2 related products with differents products displayed.
So, I wonder if you speak about the same precise case.

Anyway, if you have an issue or a bug with your category modules, we can invite you to publish your elements in another topic, because if I understood you well, it's another subject.

Regards

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds