Product characteristic still showing even though it's been deleted

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313938

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12

Greetings everybody,

I've encountered this issue on several products lately where I have unpublished or even removed a variant from a product, yet it is still showing on the product page on the dropdown menu. It just gives me a text that says "the product does not exist". I have no idea how that's possible, especially when the variant has been removed from the list... Could it be a bug?

Is there any possible way of removing the options that are unpublished/deleted? It's been requested by a client as well, so I have to find a solution but my mind is stuck. I've tried setting the "Display Out Of Stock Products" to "No" but it didn't work.

Thank you all in advance.

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by verzevoul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 4 months ago #313940

Hi,

First check the option "Display out of stock products" of the HikaShop configuration. You want to have that option turned off so that products/variants without a stock won't be listed.
Now, suppose that you have a characteristic color and a characteristic size to a product. If you remove the blue/XL variant from the product, but that you have the blue/L and the red/XL variants, then on the product page, you'll still have blue and XL as these choices are needed in the dropdowns so that you can select blue/L and red/XL.
To avoid that, you can change the "characteristic selection method" to "list" in the HikaShop configuration, and in that case, instead of characteristic dropdowns, it will display a list of the available variants, which will prevent the possibility for the customer to see / select variants that do not exist.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313961

I tried that but then the page becomes too long because there's quite a few variants that are on display... We chose the Dropdown option because it's the most neat one.

Thank you for the response, though. I'm guessing there's not a way to fix the dropdown then...

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 4 months ago #313963

Hi,

Well, the only solution would be to add a new selection mode which would be "dynamic dropdown" so that you would only see the first dropdown, select it, then the second one would appear which only the values possible based on what was selected in the first one, etc.
And if the user would select something else in the first dropdown, it would reload the second dropdown in ajax and hide the third and further dropdowns.
So it's not impossible, but it's a development project that will require days of development on our end if not more. That's actually soemthing we have high on our todo list for the year 2020.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds