Import and display product status (new/refurbished)

• Thank you received: 8
4 years 3 months ago #314489

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest version
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a

Hi,

I import a csv from our supplier by means of the Products Cron Update Plugin. The csv contains a field called productstatus and contains values like New, Refurbished, renewed etc.. Now i would like to show this status on the product page.

I first tried to add a custom product field but this field was not displayd on the product page. Then found somewhere in the forum that it should be a item custom field. When i add this field it is displayd on the product page but on the product listing the "add to cart" button disappears and a "choose options" button is displayd.
Now i'm lost...

1. What is the right way to have the productstatus displayd on the productpage?
2.Is a customfield the way to go and then what should be the fieldname to import the productstatus after creating the customfield?

Update 1: I now created a product field of the type text with the name product_stat and attached it to the supplier field Products Cron Update Plugin. Now after the cron has been running the Status is displayd on both the product page and the product overview page.

So far so good. But now i need to create a filter for the values in the text field but to my supprise i read somewhere in the forum that a filter for a customfield of the type text is not possible.

What could i do to create such a filter. The values in the Status field are New, Refurbished Gold and refurbished silver.

Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by bp54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 3 months ago #314492

Hi,

A custom field of the table "product" is the way to go in your case.
Note that for the field to appear on the product page you need to have its display option activated for the frontend product details page and the value of that field in the product should not be empty.
The column name to use in the CSV for the import will be the "column name" that you configured in the custom product field when you created it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bp54

• Thank you received: 8
4 years 3 months ago #314500

Thank you Nicolas. It works. Only issue was the Text field did not show up. Now that i changed it to single dropdown it works like a charm and even better, i now can translate the values from the supplier csv.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds