how to display categories only, no products ??

• Thank you received: 3
4 years 3 months ago #314761

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 79.0.3945.117

Hello everybody

I made a big update recently without problems for my website, but then i noticed that something had changed.
On my shop adress, before i could display small pictures of each category and when you clicked on a category it was opening the products of this category... It doesnt work anymore...
Here is the link to check
I dont understand where this comes from ? My menus didnt change, nor my modules... I have a menu link displaying hikashop-"list of categories", but all the products appear below that. And when i click on a category, all the product appear now, not only thoses of the category you choosed...

Thanks in advance for your help !!

Roman

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by romduf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
4 years 3 months ago #314791

Hello,

Can you provide your relative Item Menu configuration screenshot with the item menu id 132, and the second part of your page is a module product listing and so that can't be modify by select a category from your Item Menu category selection as they are independent from each other.

Maybe you have to modifiy the Menu Assignment, here :

Awaiting news from you to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: romduf

4 years 3 months ago #314808

Philip wrote: Hello,
Can you provide your relative Item Menu configuration screenshot with the item menu id 132,
Regards

Thanks Philip, here is the screenshot, if i understand you right, of the menu item id 132
first screenshot is menu configuration and second
is the module assignment

I am not sure i understand what you mean and which module i have to select
I notice 8 modules called "Associated products listing for category listing menu xxx"... all of them are unpublished and not displayed... Was it maybe the old way hikashop was displaying my products associated with each category ? It could match as i have 8 categories which were pointing to products...
Here is what i have inside those modules

thanks again for your lights !

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 3 months ago #314823

Hi,

We would also need a screenshot of the "products options" tab of your menu item.
I think that the issue might be linked to the "sub element filter" setting in that tab. Please check that it is set to "direct sub elements" and save the settings of the menu item once to make sure that the database data is coherent with what you see in the settings page.

If it doesn't help, then all I can think of is that the products are directly linked to that main category instead of being only ilnked to their respective category.

4 years 3 months ago #314853

here is what you asked

if i choose to change the value in that field "sub elements filter" to for example "group by categories"... then no product appear nowhere on the whole site ;)
If i choose "all sub elements" or "direct sub elements" then the whole mess comes back...
I dont quite get what changed in hilkashop here...
Also i had a module on the right displaying all the categories when you clicked on it, it would display the products of that category.. now when i click on it it displays all my products...

thanks again for your help !

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by romduf.

4 years 3 months ago #314914

Hello,

Can you update your HikaShop in order to have the same build, because your 4.2.2 build is quite old and we have added some patches around your subject.

If that don't solve your issue then provide a complete screenshot of one of the product that mustn't be displayed.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

4 years 3 months ago #314992

Thanks Philip
Is there any new version since 4.2.2 ?
I don't really understand what you ask with the products. The products pages are fine when i click on a product. The problem is i don't want all the products to appear as they do now...
Is there a way to avoid that or is it normal that all the products have to show up with the category list ?
Thanks

4 years 3 months ago #314994

Hello,

Yes, inside the 4.2.2, you can have several build, the differences are minimal, but in your case, there are some patch around the current subject.
We need to see how one of this product is set, in order to have clues on your issue nothing more to say so far.
More precisely, we need something like this :

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: romduf

4 years 2 months ago #315114

Miracle came true !!
Everything went back to normal after updating to the very last version...
So i understand that it was a bug from previous build...
I can close the whole story... nice :)

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds