Hikashop in URL - SOLVED

• Thank you received: 3
4 years 2 months ago #314993

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.virusys.com/hikashop/cmv-antibodies/...onal-antibody-100-ug
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I'm having issues with hikashop being in the store URL's.

Recreating the category/sub-category has fixed those but the hijkashop remains in the product urls as in
www.virusys.com/hikashop/cmv-antibodies/...onal-antibody-100-ug

I created one new product in the same category and the url displays correctly (store instead of hikashop), so it appears that all the products need to be recreated.

Is there a bulk way of doing that? Recreating individually is not a good option.

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by virusys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #315003

I think I'm making a little progress.

I exported the hikashop containing urls from JoomSEF, did a search and replace for 'hikashop and replaced all instances with 'store and imported back in.

Then inactivated all those hikashop containing URL's in JoomSEF and added an .htaccess

RewriteRule ^hikashop/(.*)$ /store/$1 [R=301,NC,L]

so I don't think I'll lose any incoming inquiries now but it's still not acting right. Some categories are now not displaying their products.

JoomSEF appears to be the problem but still - is there an easier way to deal with all this by bulk re-creation??

4 years 2 months ago #315115

This whole mess was caused by not keeping up with changed URL's in JoomSEF.

Purging, deleting and editing URL's until everything behaved fixed the issue. There was no need to recreate everything in HikaShop although I did discover the purpose behind the menu item Mass Actions.

If you have this problem, search for the errant prefix and delete all instances of it in the SEF URL's. Then let them be created again and edit if necessary.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds