• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #319943

-- url of the page with the problem -- : landhauswines.com.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME 81.0.4044.138

Hi,

I run my client's website for their winery, in which they sell their wine through.

There are 3 price points for each wine. When the customer buys more bottles, the price per bottle is cheaper (SEE EXAMPLE):
• 1 x 750mL BOTTLE is $25.00
• 6 Pack - each BOTTLE is now $23.00
• 12 Pack - each BOTTLE is now $20.00

This is how it is currently set up
I used 'characteristics' and 'variants' in order to set a price for a single 750mL, a 6 Pack, and a 12 Pack.
So 6 Pack price is $138 (6 x $23.00), and 12 Pack price is $240 (12 x $20.00)

Now the client wants to add a 20% discount at checkout if the customer was to add a minimum of 12 bottles of ANY wine on the website.
Currently, as mentioned, I used 'characteristics' and 'variants' in order to set a price for a single 750mL, a 6 Pack, and a 12 Pack. But, it proved this wasn't feasible if I wanted to automatically add the 20% off when the customer adds ANY 12 bottles of wine from the site, and not just from the one variety. This is because a 6 Pack or 12 Pack were considered a quantity of 1, and not 6 or 12.

I have tested two ways to achieve this:

1. I have used minimum quantity for the product. This works fine. But my problem is the way it is displayed. It seems messy?

2. I applied a minimum quantity for each variable. I like the way this is displayed better, as you can select 6 or 12 pack. But the problem is, if the customer was to select the 6 pack and enter a quantity of 12, the price does not change to the 12 pack price per bottle. Or, if the customer was to add 12 of the 750mL, it will not change to the 12 pack price per bottle.

I guess what I am looking for is the display and selection of option 2, with the functionality of option 1. Or if there is a complete other way to execute this?

Sorry for the lengthy post. I am quite new to Joomla and HikaShop, as I have only had to deal with both platforms in my new job position.

Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by hevsie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #319950

Hi,

Since you need to count the bottles properly to be able to do the discount on the total of bottles in the cart, you indeed do need to go with option 1.

You could combine it with option 2 by keeping the three prices in the main product, not in the variants. So you'll still see all three prices on the product page. Then, you can add some javascript code to display / hide the prices based on the variant being selected.

Otherwise, you could go with just option 1 and customize the look of the price area to make it more appealing while still displaying all three prices. You can do that in the file product / listing_price.php via the menu Display>Views.

3 years 10 months ago #320111

Hi,

Thank you for your assistance.

On the product listing, I am wanting to display only the original price per 750ml, and not the minimum price. It is currently showing the price per bottle when you purchase 12 bottles. See below:

From searching through the forum and documentation, the only thing I can find is that it mentions changing the "Price display method" to "Unit Price Only". I have done this, but nothing has changed. (See Below)

Is there a setting to achieve this? Or will I need to alter some PHP? As I am not too familiar with writing PHP from scratch, but have had experience implementing pre existing code.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 10 months ago #320118

Hello,

You'll be able to control your product listing price displaying by using the "Which price" option via through your product listing content menu's joomla configuration page.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 10 months ago #320158

Hi,

I have accessed the "Which Price" option via the Joomla toolbar "Extensions > Modules > HikaShop Content Module > Hikashop Options > Product data display" and it is set to "Unit price only". But there is still no change to how the price is displayed. Do you have any further insight as to why?

Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by hevsie.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #320167

Hi,

On your products listing screenshot, I can see that you have pagination for your listing.
But the HikaShop content module doesn't display pagination for products listings.
So it's likely not a module that you want to edit, but as Mohamed pointed out, a menu item.
So go in the Joomla menu manager, and edit the menu item corresponding to the products listing you're looking at. There, you'll find the same option under the "products options" tab.

3 years 10 months ago #320595

Thank you for all your help thus far!

I was wondering if this was at all possible:

EXAMPLE

There are 3 price points for the Sauvignon Blanc:
1 Bottle = $25.00
If the customer was to purchase a minimum of 6 Bottles = $23.00
If the customer was to purchase a minimum of 12 Bottles= $20.00

There are 3 price points for the Chardonnay:
1 Bottle = $35.00
If the customer was to purchase a minimum of 6 Bottles = $32.00
If the customer was to purchase a minimum of 12 Bottles= $29.00

If the customer was to purchase 6 Bottles of Sauvignon Blanc, and 6 Bottles of Chardonnay, (so 12 bottles in total), the client wants each Bottle to drop down to the minimum 12 Bottle price.
So instead of the Sauvignon Blanc being $23.00 per bottle, it will be $20.00 per bottle.
And instead of the Chardonnay being $32.00 per bottle, it will be $29.00 per bottle.

From experimenting and researching, I don't think this seems possible, but I could be wrong.

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 10 months ago #320602

Hello,

You right so far there are no HikaShop options or tricks to achieved this, sorry for this return.
This will required some custom code, you can contact us if you want to do a quote on this custom work.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds