- Posts: 431
- Thank you received: 22
Problems with form in product description
5 years 11 months ago #325097
by mojweb
Problems with form in product description was created by mojweb
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
I need to include form (acymailing module) in product description. But there is a problem that product description is part of form, so form in form is not working (nested form).
I cant assign module to product page, as there is no menu item for product.
Any other idea how to include form in product description?
I need to include form (acymailing module) in product description. But there is a problem that product description is part of form, so form in form is not working (nested form).
I cant assign module to product page, as there is no menu item for product.
Any other idea how to include form in product description?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 11 months ago #325107
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problems with form in product description
Hi,
Several solutions:
- edit the files show.php and show_default.php of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views to move the description outside of the product page form. If you know PHP/HTML it shouldn't be a problem.
- install advanced modules manager pro on your website. It will add extra options to your modules, including options to display the module only for the product page, and / or only for some products so you'll be able to use a standard position of your template.
- install the extension modules anywhere and edit the file show.php to add the tag for that module outside of the form of the product page.
Several solutions:
- edit the files show.php and show_default.php of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views to move the description outside of the product page form. If you know PHP/HTML it shouldn't be a problem.
- install advanced modules manager pro on your website. It will add extra options to your modules, including options to display the module only for the product page, and / or only for some products so you'll be able to use a standard position of your template.
- install the extension modules anywhere and edit the file show.php to add the tag for that module outside of the form of the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #325127
by mojweb
Replied by mojweb on topic Problems with form in product description
I will use first solution. Is there any other problems that may expect by move description outside form? Insert add to cart link, microdata,.. etc?
As I see, I must move description part to show.php?
As I see, I must move description part to show.php?
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by mojweb.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 11 months ago #325138
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problems with form in product description
Yes, you need to move the description part from show_default.php to show.php
If you do the change properly, it shouldn't impact microdata or anything else.
If you do the change properly, it shouldn't impact microdata or anything else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds