Product image size issue

• Thank you received: 12
3 years 2 months ago #328586

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40

Hi,

I made some changes to the detailed product page which allowed me to edit the size of the thumbnail image. You can see on www.rebuilddrunkcheese3.jroot.layer3.co....t/31-bufala-al-glera the thumbnail image is the 450px width set in the the system configuration. However I then re-uploaded a few images on two other products and the size styling is not being applied to those as you can see here: www.rebuilddrunkcheese3.jroot.layer3.co..../81-ubriaco-classico . I can't understand why this styling is now no longer affecting the new images I uploaded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 2 months ago #328589

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean.
The image on both of your links is 450px.
Note though that on the second one, you have a white fat border on the image itself (not CSS, directly the image):
monosnap.com/file/i9rGXiYWptADHtOyMcVUQ95CQs9Fhs
Maybe that's why you think the image is smaller ?
If I look at the original image, I don't see the white border, so I suppose that it was in the thumbnail, then the original image was deleted, and uploaded again, but the thumbnails were not deleted and thus HikaShop still uses the old thumbnails based on the old image.
To avoid that and force HikaShop to regenerate the thumbnails you can delete the images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails folder via FTP

3 years 2 months ago #328661

I see now that the issue is the white border. However I'm deleting the thumbnail in the media folder within Joomla however once I refresh the page with said cheese the thumbnail just regenerates in the file in Joomla. I took a screen recording to demonstrate this. www.dropbox.com/s/2ml2mq2cxn6bt96/Screen...%2013.44.37.mov?dl=0

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 2 months ago #328669

Hi,

Ok, I see what's going on.
The issue is that the original image is smaller than the thumbnail size you've configured.
You're requesting a product page image size of 600*450, but the original image in the folder /images/com_hikashop/upload/ is 374*500:
monosnap.com/file/Sh684YRTuRSiwebchz0sjYSYGv2e4l
And since you have the "force size" setting activated, it adds the white borders to fill in the space to reach the desired size.
I would thus recommend deleting the thumbnail, deleting the main image, and uploading the main image with a higher resolution.

3 years 2 months ago #328793

Hiya,

I've tried what you suggested but it's making no difference I'm uploading an image thats got the width of 1000px so that should be large enough. I also have no media folder with the dimensions 374*500

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 2 months ago #328796

Hello,

When you upload any image, this will be present in this folder :
YourWebsite\images\com_hikashop\upload
And then, the picture will then generate your thumbnails.
And so, as Nicolas said, in order to "reset" this process, you have to delete the main image (in previous described folder) and all the thumbnail.

Hope this will help you to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Philip.

3 years 2 months ago #329311

Hi Philip,

This didn't work. We managed to fix it though. We had to manually change the name of the files.

Thanks for your help anyways

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by joshualdouglas.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds