Product volume price points

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328913

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0

Hi,

When you have a product with variants and each variant has a different price and also each variant has different price points the price points are only hit when you buy the volume needed for the price point per variant. Its not considering the product over all.

For example:

Product: Shirt
Size:
Medium Price for 0 - 5 = £10 for 6-10 = £9
Small Price for 0 - 5 = £9 for 6 - 10 = £8

When you buy 6 just medium you get the discount, when you buy 3 medium and 3 small you don't.

I do understand why it would work that way, however, how could you set the variants of a product to be considered the over all volume of the product and any volume prices that each variant meets be applied?

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by grayt7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 2 months ago #328939

Hello,

What you described is because each variant is for technical reason as a product itself, now there is another way to have what you requested, follow me step by step :
1. Go to Orders => Coupons
2. Create a New coupons
3. Have a look on my screenshot and especially red bordered part :

=> You can see that this coupon appear automatically when there at least 5 of the product (main + variants)
4. Create as many coupons as possible price configuration with the "minimum number of product" option like this :
- Start to 2
- Start to 5
- Start to 9
- etc...

Results :
By example, when you customer will go to the checkout, let's say with :
1 Variant + 1 Variant + 1 Variant (Total = 3)
=> The Coupon set with the Start to 2 will be added
If he increase to have something like this :
1 Variant + 3 Variant + 2 Variant (Total = 6)
=> The Coupon set with the Start to 5 will be added, and replace the previous one (Start to 2).
I let you process some tests to see if that meet your needs.

Also note that if all the variants you want to be taken into account for the volume prices are in the same product, you don't need a coupon. You can just set the prices in the main product instead of setting the prices in each variant and the system will automatically take into account the quantity of all the variants of the products in the cart to use the correct price.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328967

Thats great but I see some limitations.

There is then no possibility of using coupons as there is one already loaded.

there are also multiple discount bulk buying types.

So in some categories the trigger is up to 5 products with a specific discount amount where as some others are up to 7 products with differnet discount amounts - would two / three etc coupons be automatically loaded into the cart?

Is there any other solution?

It should be something like an option so that variants are treated in the same pricing modification as the master but still allowed to have a seperate prices.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 2 months ago #328971

Hi,

As you can only have one coupon per order, that would indeed mean that you could have only one such volume discount per order, and when that happens, no other coupon could be added by the customer.

Now you're asking about another solution, but philippe gave you another solution at the end of his post :

Also note that if all the variants you want to be taken into account for the volume prices are in the same product, you don't need a coupon. You can just set the prices in the main product instead of setting the prices in each variant and the system will automatically take into account the quantity of all the variants of the products in the cart to use the correct price.

You didn't comment on it. Does that not work for your needs ? That would be a solution which would allow you to have different products with volume discounts in the cart at the same time and allow for a coupon to be used by the customer on top of that.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329060

HI Nicolas,

In my opening post I remark that the variant prices are different. I take it there is no solution for this?

For example
Price for medium is different for small. but the volume purchace needs to be in place if the person buys a combination of the same proudct but different sizes.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 2 months ago #329090

Hi,

Ah indeed, I didn't not understand that you wanted to have different prices for different variants while still taking into account the global purchased quantity for the volume prices selected in the cart.
The concepts are linked together in HikaShop. Either you set the prices in the main product and all the variants use the same prices and the price selected is based on the global quantity, or you set the prices in each variant and the price selected is based on the variant corresponding to the prices.

If that's not what you want, then you're left with either an auto loaded coupon, or the development of a custom plugin to dynamically override the price of the variants in the cart.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds