- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 2
Trouble with "Please select" product option
5 years 8 months ago #329179
by sixdeuces
Trouble with "Please select" product option was created by sixdeuces
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 3.7.4
I am creating a product that has a few optional products added.
When adding an optional product that has no variants, the product page displays a "No" option in the dropdown to not include that item.
When adding an optional product with variants, you can only select from the variants. There is no "No" selection available.
I have looked at your demo, and on the Processor optional product, you have a "Please select" dummy variant included. I tried that, but when I add the items to the cart "Please select" is included in the cart as a shippable item. How can I exclude an item like that from being added to the cart?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 3.7.4
I am creating a product that has a few optional products added.
When adding an optional product that has no variants, the product page displays a "No" option in the dropdown to not include that item.
When adding an optional product with variants, you can only select from the variants. There is no "No" selection available.
I have looked at your demo, and on the Processor optional product, you have a "Please select" dummy variant included. I tried that, but when I add the items to the cart "Please select" is included in the cart as a shippable item. How can I exclude an item like that from being added to the cart?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 8 months ago #329209
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Trouble with "Please select" product option
Hi,
The best in that case is to add a No option to options with variants.
You can add an entry with the namekey add_no_to_options and the value 1 in the table hikashop_config via your phpmyadmin to add the No value to the option dropdowns.
And you can add an entry with the namekey select_option_default_value and the value 0 in the table hikashop_config via your phpmyadmin if you want that "No" value to be selected by default.
The best in that case is to add a No option to options with variants.
You can add an entry with the namekey add_no_to_options and the value 1 in the table hikashop_config via your phpmyadmin to add the No value to the option dropdowns.
And you can add an entry with the namekey select_option_default_value and the value 0 in the table hikashop_config via your phpmyadmin if you want that "No" value to be selected by default.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixdeuces
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 8 months ago #329269
by sixdeuces
Replied by sixdeuces on topic Trouble with "Please select" product option
That worked fine. Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds