I need to display a module on the product page accesed from similar product link

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 11 months ago #331409

-- url of the page with the problem -- : plasma-procesos.com/index.php/es/equipos...ie-baja-presion-atto

The above page is displaying a manual product category listing inserted in the category description field. Before the listing a slider module is displayed. When any product is clicked from the listing the product page is displayed ok (with the same slider module previous to it).

At the end of the product page... similar products are listed...

When clicked any of those, the product page is displayed... but I'm not able to show the slider module previous to it.

I'm sure there must be a way, but I haven't been able to find how.

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards

Sergio

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by sergio_aname.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
2 years 11 months ago #331411

Hi,

If you look at the URL of the products in that "similar products" listing, you can see that they all end with this: ?Itemid=322
This means that the menu item used to display the page of these links is the one with the id 322. So to display your top slider module on the page of these similar products links, you need to configure your slider module to be assigned to the menu item with the id 322.

2 years 11 months ago #331469

Hello,

That should indeed work, but unfortunately it doesn't. Despite creating a system link menu with the path endind in 322... and activating the slider module to be show on that menu page... it is not.

plasma-procesos.com/index.php/es/compone...utomatico?Itemid=322

I have even create a new slider module but the problem is still.

2 years 11 months ago #331482

Hi,

Then, maybe the position on which you set that module is not available for the menu item with the id 322 ? You can check the positions available on that page with this:
docs.joomla.org/Module_Position

2 years 11 months ago #331490

Dear Nicolas,

Already tested. But unfortunately that's not the problem. Only when selected to display the module in all pages the module appears on the similar product linked pages.

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by sergio_aname.

2 years 11 months ago #331493

Hi,

That looks like a bug of Joomla.

But anyways, let's do it the other way then. Edit your related products module via the Joomla modules manager. There, under the "HikaShop options" tab, you'll find an option "menu" which dictates which menu item will be used for the links of that module.
There, either you have the menu with the id 322 selected or you don't have anything selected.
I would recommend you to select a menu item of the type "products listing" or "categories listing" which is accessible to all the user groups and all the languages. Then, make sure that this menu item is also selected in the "menu assignment" of the slider module and it should then dipslay fine when you click on a product link of that related products module.

2 years 11 months ago #331583

Hello Nicolás,

That worked!!!! Problem solved.

Thanks very much for your help

Sergio

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds