Change product ordering

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 weeks ago #331598

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.27

I am attempting to change the ordering of products in the front-end listing. The menu item is set to display by Ordering.

The first image shows the numbering I have set for the Ordering of products. The second shows how the products are being ordered on the site. I have no idea why they do not seem to be following the ordering numbers I have assigned.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 weeks ago #331599

Hi,

Note that the ordering you configured in the backend is the ordering of the products for the category where the products are.
If your frontend products listing is configured to display the products of several different categories, then there is no "ordering" to follow.
For example, if your menu item has the "sub elements filter" setting under the "products options" tab set to "all sub elements", it will display the products directly under the current category, but also the products under the sub categories of the current category. And thus, in that case, there is not one "ordering" it can base itself on.
In that case, you would have to create a custom field of the table "product" so that you could base the ordering of the listing on that custom field and enter the value you want in that custom field for each product, regardless of their categories.
Now, I would need a screenshot of the settings of the menu item and the URL of the page to check on the situation and see what is the precise issue. But usually, it's something along those lines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds