replace link to product category with link to another page.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 1 week ago #331676

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Edge/Chrome

Hi there,

We want to take one product out of our shop and replace it with an image, a text and a link to an URL. So in other words: when a customer clicks on the product category, I want to take the customer to a page, could be an article, where the user finds information about the products.

Is it possible to link the product category to a an article, instead of a series of products?

Let me clarify with an image:
In the image you see the product categories. At this moment they are all linked to a number of products.

I want to keep it that way for numbers 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7. And I also want to keep the layout of this page the way it is, so the customer comes to a familiar environment.
But if a customer clicks on the links at number 2 "STORINGEN & DEFECTEN Voertuigen en materialen" or 6 "COMPLIMENT OF KLACHT Geef_je_mening!" I don't want to take them to the products in the category, but to a page with information.

Is that possible? If so, how do I do that?
Thanx,

Thom

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 1 week ago #331677

Hi,

Yes. Make sure that the "Force canonical URL on listings" setting is activated in the HikaShop configuration.
If the setting is set to "No, generate the URLs" then set it to "Use canonical URL if specified".
If it's set to "Use canonical URL and generate it if missing" already, just leave it like that.
Then, edit your categories via the Products>Categories menu. In each category you'll find a "canonical URL" field.
In there, you can enter the new URL where you want to direct the users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds