Corrupt JPEG data

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
2 years 9 months ago #334457

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.28
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.21

Hi

I have recently had an issue with the website which resulted in the home page not containing any of the Hikashop content modules. Once the Cache was cleared the site was restored. I have now altered the Cache time and will now see if that helps resolve the issue.

I also switched on error reporting and had a couple of warnings & notices which are probably not linked.

PHP Warning:  getimagesize(): corrupt JPEG data: 1466 extraneous bytes before marker in /public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 854
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: ProductViewProduct::$product_url in /public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/waitlist.php on line 14
PHP Notice:  Trying to get property 'product_id' of non-object in /public_html/templates/rt_salient/html/com_hikashop/order/listing.php on line 80

Error reporting has been switched off again.

Your thoughts appreciated

Thanks

David

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by davec. Reason: Update text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
2 years 9 months ago #334464

Hi,

The image warning means that you have one image which HikaShop can't generate a thumbnail for.
So it's not related to the issue with the modules not displaying.
I don't see why the caching would change anything on the module display.

Regarding the second warning, that's something we'll fix in the next version of HikaShop. It's nothing important. It's just a variable not properly checked when the waitlist page is accessed without a product selected.

Regarding the last warning, it's something coming from a view override in your template, but again, nothing important.

The following user(s) said Thank You: davec

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 9 months ago #334485

Hi Nicolas

thanks for the reply.

I have reduced the caching time and there has been no further issues. I couldn't find anything in the error logs either so a bit of a mystery.

Have a good day.

Thanks

David

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 9 months ago #334514

Hi

sorry still had an issue with the site showing blank pages etc

Noticed the following errors as well

[18-Jul-2021 09:44:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /public_html/plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php on line 650

[18-Jul-2021 09:44:28 UTC] PHP Warning: chr() expects parameter 1 to be int, string given in /public_html/plugins/hikashop/attachinvoice/vendor/tecnickcom/tcpdf/include/tcpdf_fonts.php on line 1671

Dave

• Thank you received: 13068
2 years 9 months ago #334516

Hi,

Again, these are not linked to blank pages (pages that are completely blank).
The first message is not even an error. It's just a message for developers telling them that a function will be removed from PHP in the future. In fact, that function is there for the support of old versions of PHP.
The second is only a warning and thus can be ignored. In fact that's coming from the PDF library used by the PDF invoice plugin:
sourceforge.net/p/tcpdf/bugs/1147/
So it's something that needs to be fixed in TCPDF.
In any case, if you have a blank page, and assuming the issue comes from the PHP, you should normally have a message starting with "Fatal error" in your log. If you don't, then the issue likely is not related to PHP. It might be a server issue.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds