Remove component/hikashop from product URL

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
6 months 3 weeks ago #336663

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.25

Hi, I have read through the forums and can't seem to understand how to remove 'component/hikashop' from the product URL. I have attached the screenshot of the SEF settings. I am using a 'Hikashop: Categories' on the page to display the products.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11766
6 months 3 weeks ago #336669

Hi,

From what I can see on your website, you're using one or several HikaShop product listing modules to display the products listings.
In the settings of each of these modules, in the joomla modules manager, you have a setting "menu" where you need to select a menu item of the type "HikaShop products listing" so that Joomla's SEF system will use the alias of that menu item instead of component/hikashop when generating the SEF URL.
So make sure that this is the case. You might need to first create that menu item via the Joomla menu manager.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Multisite
4 months 1 week ago #338597

Hi,

It's possible change name "component/hikashop" in the url (ex. shop). I'n try not use product listing menu item.
thanks

• Thank you received: 11766
4 months 1 week ago #338602

It's not HikaShop but Joomla doing this.
As I said in my previous message here, Joomla will replace "component/hikashop" by the alias of the menu item used to generate the SEF URL.
So if you have a URL with "component/hikashop" you need to edit the settings of the element which generated that URL as there is normally a menu / itemid setting where you can select the menu item to use so that component/hikashop will be replaced by its alias.
Not knowing where you have that URL, I can't say exactly where you need to go.
I would need a link to the page where you found that URL.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds