Product Quick View Display

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338688

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.27

I have read all of the topics concerning this feature to be able to mouse/click over a product and have some type of quick view feature of the product to display certain basic item info to the user as a shadow box or something similar, rather than the user having to go to the product details page and add to cart from there. Most topic conversations that I have seen on this feature require some type of file manipulation and/or coding.

I happen to see this feature on the (marketplace) Hikashop Cart Module Design demo site at:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/?option=c...t&view=article&id=15
If one of the images under the demo area is moused over, for example the red shoes, there is a shadow box over the image with options for wishlist, add to cart, view options, etc.

I am not looking for coding instructions. Out of my league, although I would pay for such help. I am wondering if there is a plugin, etc, that easily accomplishes this feature?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
2 years 3 months ago #338697

Hello,

There are a quick solution, which may at least partially meet your expectations, follow me step by step :
1. Go to Menus dropdown => Main Menu
2. Click to edit your relative Item Menu (product listing)
3. Go to Product options tab, and Item Layout part
4. Set the Layout type option for "Fade", and take care to don't select fade(old).

Hope this can fit your expectations, but we are awaiting your returns to see if we have to complete this suggestions or find another way.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #338778

Thanks Philip. There are some neat options in the layout type that kind of go down this road but not completely ideal. Yes, Fade is a good one and I also like slider_horizontal. And then set Element Description to Yes. And also set Add to Cart under Product Features Display to Yes. This does serve a purpose with some possibilities of this concept.

A couple things I noticed is that with a few of these options, Fade for example, my item price does not display, both on the static view and also on the mouse over view, even with Display Price under Product Data Display set to Yes. And then more importantly, I seem to lose the responsiveness of the product (image) layout on my desktop and it doesn't work well on a phone device either. At least with my template. Maybe some custom code would correct this? Attached are images of this. The first image is with Fade on, the second is my inherent Image & Title.

But this might be something to look at further, maybe with some customization and aesthetics, something might work. But the price not displaying is kind of strange, unless I am overlooking that piece. Thanks again for the idea, I will continue to try some things with this.

Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago #338793

Hello,

Several point, with the "Fade" layout the price is displayed (on our localhost with a default template like ProtoStar), you can process a test with ProtoStar to check this point ?

"I seem to lose the responsiveness of the product (image) layout on my desktop and it doesn't work well on a phone device either. At least with my template."
=> A little like the previous point, on our side the responsiveness work on Fade layout (and in phone screen), but we guess that the important point in your sentence is "with my template", proceed a test to check if your current template is the root issue or not.
And yes, some custom css code could fix it, but the most easy way for you will be to contact the template creator support, especially if this template is sale as "HikaShop compatible".

Hope this will help you to achieved what you need.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #338836

Yes I can work with my template support on the responsiveness item. The template is hikashop compatible so they should have some ideas. Thanks again, this is a good start.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

2 years 2 months ago #338842

Hello,

Hope this will help you to solve your issue.
Regards

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds