Product not in backend but is on the shop front.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #339187

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.dailybread.co.uk/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.28
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All

We have a product which you can see in the front end and be purchased.
But it is not showing in the backend what ever is searched on, description plu no. etc with no filters.
I had a look in the database itself and I can see it there and all the fields look correct compared to other products.

I could delete it directly from the database but do not want to cause issues if other tables etc are linked.

Any clues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 2 months ago #339189

Hi,

There are two possibilities:
- the product isn't linked to any category. Since the backend products listing bases itself on the currently selected category in the left side explorer, it won't display the product on the listing in that case.
- similarly, if the product is linked to a category outside the tree of the currently selected category, you won't see it. For example: the default category is "product category". If you previously created a category sister to that category and directly linked to the "root" category and then linked that product to the sister category, then you won't see it if you search for it while the "product category" is selected in the explorer.
So first, I would recommend to click on the "check database" button of the configuration page of HikaShop.
Among other things, it will check for any products without a category and link them to your main category.
Also, when you search, first click on the "root" category on the left explorer to make sure it searches among all the categories.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #339206

Hi Have solved it.

I did a check database and the search but both did not work.

I have had a similar issue before so what I did was do a mass action export which is a basic price list with some fields.
Stripped all but the problem product out and in this case as the category look like it was missing as suggested added the correct one in that field.

Then did an import and it appears!

This is my method of updating prices rather than using a mass action to do so but as always I have to do a import with all the VAT codes amd prices as just changing one product etc it changes all the VAT Codes to defalut 20% afterwards.

Thank you

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds