Remove link in product name on product overview

• Thank you received: 12
1 year 11 months ago #341130

Hello,

the product name of the first product is automatically linked on the product overview page. In the show_popup.php file, however, I could not find out where to turn this off. I would like a uniform image on the product overview, so this link is annoying. How can this be removed?

Greetings from Christian

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 609
1 year 11 months ago #341137

Hello,

In your Item Menu (Menus dropdown => All Menu Items), and in your relative Item Menu (with 616 ID in your case).
Then go in "Products options" tab, look for the "Product data display" part, you have the "Link to detail page" option.

Can you try to switch it off (No) to see if that your issue, and make your returns.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Philip.

1 year 11 months ago #341190

Hello Philippe,

I turned off the setting described, but unfortunately nothing changed.

Greetings from Christian

1 year 11 months ago #341193

Hello,

I wonder how it's possible, did you process some override view ?
If you don't know can you process a test with a default template like ProtoStar ?
If with a default template AND Link to detail page is on "No", and it works as expected, meaning with no link.
Then the issue come from your override view (or your template maybe).

Awaiting your elements to progress on your subject.
Regards

1 year 11 months ago #341216

Hello,

I didn't make any changes to the code or CSS in the product name. If so, then from my point of view this would have to affect all product names - but only the 1st product is affected (regardless of which product has this position).

In the area img_title.php (my active template Hearty) I copied the code for product names above the product image. The link is now displayed for the first product.
If I now insert the product name both above and below the product image (this is currently the setting), the product name is linked above again, but not below!

I have activated the Protostar template. The listing_img_title.php (protostar) file is used for the product overview.
By default, the product name is below the product image - with no link. However, when I paste the program code for the product name above the product image, this change is not accepted.
Copy: <!-- NAME --> ... <!-- EO NAME --> above <!-- IMAGE --> ... <!-- EO IMAGE -->
Even moving with the View Builder did not bring any change.

Greetings from Christian

Attachments:

1 year 10 months ago #341219

Hello,

We will need to see more because unfortunately we are somewhat out of ideas to understand how this is possible.
And so, can you provide these elements :
- An url link to your backend access
- Backend user references (with maximum Acl)

Note : Use our Contact us form to provide these elements, and don't forget to provide an Url link to this topic.
Regards

1 year 10 months ago #341287

Hello,

Unfortunately there are something that don't allow us to reach your backend, see my screenshot :

We guess that you have a Ip blocker or an automatic redirection plugin.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Philip.

1 year 10 months ago #341479

Yes, sorry, IP blocking was still on. I turned them off.

1 year 10 months ago #341490

Hello,

This time we were able to reach your backend, and it seems that you have perform an override on the listing_img_title that come from the 4.5.0, and you currently use the 4.5.1 (on of the first build).

From this 2 tests to process :
1. Remove your listing_img_title override view (save on your side the custom code)
=> If that solve nothing then step 2 and especially without putting back in place, the custom code of the override of the listing_img_title view :
2. Try to update your HikaShop version, as we have create a new build that may solve some display issue around the product link button.

Awaiting your returns in order progress on your subject.
Regards

1 year 10 months ago #341497

Hello,

i have implemented your suggestions.

1. Deleted my overrides, restoring the listing_img_title.php file to its original state (version 4.5.0). The name under the product was not linked. After I pushed the name back over the picture (with view builder), the first name was automatically linked again.

2. I have updated the listing_img_title.php file to version 4.5.1, unfortunately the first name is still linked.

The current state on the website is 2. without any further overwriting, but with the linked product name for the 1. product above the product image.

Christian sends greetings

1 year 10 months ago #341502

Hello,

"After I pushed the name back over the picture (with view builder), the first name was automatically linked again."
By doing this, you re-created your override, the builder is a tool to create some override without directly use code.

I process some test by removing it, in order to be able to process our analyze, and understand the root issue.
Now, everything may work as you expect.
I have add a little fix, and we will add a check for our next package thanks to your case (in order to be more consistent).
Thanks for your elements !

Regards

1 year 10 months ago #341557

Great, thanks for the good support.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

1 year 10 months ago #341558

Hello,

Happy to read that everything is now fine and that we meets your needs !
Don't forget that the best way to help us is to post a comment about our work in our Joomla Extensions Directory page !

Thank you for your kind feedback and we remain at your disposal!
Regards

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds