Products not showing

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 10 months ago #342448

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 4.1.4 Stable [ Kuamini ] 24-May-2022 16:00 GMT
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla/5.0

I have set up 2 types of access to products.
1st is via menu - using mega menu i have lvl1 categories as menu items which show access to lvl2 categories on hover. It shows everything good, both categories on next lvl and products. Access is made using categories listing, which generates following example url:
site/index.php/folia-i-tworzywa-sztuczne/folia-babelkowa
^ category name ^category lvl 2 name

2nd is using categories on level 2 module. It does not show products when clicked on category. Generates following example url:
site/index.php/hikashop-menu-for-module-120/category/polpergamin-bialy
^category lvl 2 name
How can I make 2nd option redirect user to chosen category?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 10 months ago #342453

Hi,

In the settings of your module (in the joomla modules manager) you have a tab "HikaShop options" with an option called "menu".
This is where you can enter the menu item which will be used to display the products of the category the user will click on.
So if you don't see any product when you click on a category, it indicates that there is probably a problem with the settings of the menu item selected in that "menu" setting.
So that would be what to check.
If you want the module to use the same URL, what you need to do is to enter that main URL in the "canonical URL" setting of the category (it's also important for SEO). And then, you can activate the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting so that the system will use the canonical URL of the category instead of trying to generate dynamically a URL based on the "menu" setting of the module.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 10 months ago #342510

Through menu items it works great.
Using sp page builder i can place module in page. Said module would be categories on 2 level. Can i use this module, not as menu item but as page element, to show me categories and subcategories, and then list products once i click on subcategory?

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 10 months ago #342511

Hi,

You sure can.
When you click on a subcategory of that module, it will use the menu item you selected in the "menu" setting of the module settings to display the listing of the products of the category. So you just need to make sure that this menu item is properly configured to display your products.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds