Random Products for Specific Listings

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #344904

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11

I know I can activate random products for both categories and products specifically...but, I want to know if there is a way to have random products from a specific category to show only on a specific product category only...see the example below

Product Category - Playing Cards
What I'd like to do - Have random items show here, from either a single or multiple specific category that supports this kind of product. Such as card sleeves, storage boxes, etc.

Product Category - Gaming Miniatures
I don't want the above random items showing up in THIS category because they have nothing to do with it.

While I know I can set related items, and I can use the Mass Action to fill them in...they show only those specific products that are set, nothing is randomized, and will always show the same thing, over and over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 7 months ago #344905

Hi,

I'm not clear on what you want to do.
Do you want to display random products from the same category as the product in the "related products" area of the product detail page ?
That's possible.
Edit the related products module via the Joomla modules manager, and under the "HikaShop options" tab, change the relation setting to "in the same category" and turn on the "random" setting and you'll have random products from the same category as the current product in the related products module.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #344917

No...let me re-word it...

I would like to have random items from Category Y show up for products in Category X

1 year 7 months ago #344918

Hi,

So you want to display that on the listing page of the products of category X or on the product detail page of the products of category X ?

• Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #344950

On the actual product detail page

1 year 7 months ago #344961

Hi,

Ok. And then what should be displayed instead of the products of the category Y for the products of the category Z ? The related products of the products ? The products of the category W ? Something else ?

• Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #344990

Mostly correct...

So basically, I have a category that has trading cards in it. I also have another category, from a 2nd manufacture that has card storage cases for transportation, and another category from a 3rd manufacture that makes card sleeves and playmats.

I'd like to have the 2nd manufacture card storage and 3rd manufacture card sleeves & playmats show at random at the bottom of the trading card product details. Anywhere between 4 and 8 items at a time.

1 year 7 months ago #344992

Hi,

I would recommend to use Advanced Modules Manager Pro. With it you can restrict a module to display only on product detail pages of a menu item, and only for a specific category.
Then, you just need to use that for a HikaShop content module configured to display the products randomly for the card storage category, or the card sleeve category.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #345110

Sorry for the delay Nicolas...have some other issues going on that you're also in contact with me on.

So HikaShop itself cannot do it, I'll need a separate module, got it...thank you. I'll look into this module but I was hoping to keep this much more simple as I've noticed over the years that more plugins and modules have been the downfall of issues with my site.

1 year 6 months ago #345111

Hi,

That's true. Too many extensions is not good. Now, Advanced Modules Manager is a pretty popular extension, with good support and is compatible with HikaShop. So I believe you should not have issues with it.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345121

Great thank you very much I will look into it.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds