• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #344906

-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1 business
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi,

I have just started to rebuild my website on my pc ( localhost ) with a fresh install of Joomla and Hikashop Business.
I have added my first product but cant get the qty box to appear on the front screen.
I have attached screen shots of the settings from the backend and a screen shot of the product page.
I have used the same settings from my live site ( using older joomla 3 and old Hikabusiness) but still not displaying.

Thanks
Paul Kemp

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 6 months ago #344908

Hi,

The settings on your screenshots look good.
There is one thing I can think of besides all this:
In each category, you also have a "quantity input method" which will override the "quantity input method" setting of the HikaShop configuration for the products of the category. This can be overridden by the "quantity input" setting of the product itself, but since you set that one to "inherit", it will use the input method from the categories of the product and if they are all set to "inherit", it will use the one from the configuration. So I'm suspecting you might have set that setting to "none" in the category(ies).
And supposing that's the case, you probably did that because you wanted to remove the quantity input from the listings of the products of that category. But what you should have done instead is to change the settings of the menu item / module to turn off the "show quantity input" setting.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #344937

Hi Nicolas,

I have checked the settings in the menus and also categories ( see attached )
but still cant get the qty box to appear.
I can send TeamViewer id if you need to get onto my pc.

Best Regards
Paul Kemp

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 6 months ago #344940

Hi,

From what I can see on the screenshot www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachments/11886/Billbo-3.jpg the category linked to the product is the category with the name "GB1 Budget". So you should check the "Quantity input method" setting of that category.
Also, if the product is in multiple categories (the categories setting of the product was not on your screenshots so I don't know), then you should check the other categories too.

If you could put your website online and provide a backend access, we could have a look at it directly.

We can do 1 on 1 support with TeamViewer or other software. However, this service is not included in the normal HikaShop support. So in that case we would need to charge you for an hour of support (60€).
If you're interested, you can use our contact form so that we can discuss a date and time and the details of the meeting : www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulLenton

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #344944

All the categories are set to inherit on the qty input method.
If I wanted the qty box set as default for all products where would I set this.

I will look at setting up a temp site online as my old site is still running joomla3 so will let you know the details
when I have done this.

Best Regards
Paul Kemp

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by PaulLenton. Reason: forgot to add a question.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345022

Hi Nicolas,

just a quick update, I have created a temp site online and set everything the same and it seems to work ok so I will now work on that rather than on my pc using localhost.

Thanks
Paul Kemp

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds