hikashop cart module can not select tmplate layout

• Thank you received: 7
1 year 4 months ago #347430

hello.
In the hikashop cart module i can not select any layout. how to do that? i want create multi layout and set some different layout for each module.
i see it has tmpl folder.
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
1 year 4 months ago #347433

Hi,

The layout is in HikaShop. That way, you can customize it via the menu Display>Views, like other views in HikaShop. The one you want to edit is product / cart.php

1 year 4 months ago #347439

Thank you but if i want have two cart module first with his own layout for show menu item 1 and second need in the menu item 2. What need to do to implement that?
(This case occured with Mighty Site extension for me and i have some slave site)

1 year 4 months ago #347449

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't know how Mighty Site works.
What is a "template layout" for you ? Do you have some extra setting in modules which aren't by default in Joomla to select that ?

1 year 4 months ago #347451

hello
please forget mighty site and see this image: (it is from default joomla latest article module.)

with this field i can select any existing layout for each module to show different view for each module that show latest article. i want something similar this default field for each cart module in my different menu item.

Attachments:

1 year 4 months ago #347453

But that's a setting specific to the latest article module.
That's not a setting all modules have and it's not in the cart module.
If you want to have a different display for different instances of the cart module, you can do it with custom coding in the override of the product / cart view file.
For example, you can add such code at the top:

<?php if((int)$this->params->get('id', 0) == XX) {
 echo "module instance with the id XX"; 
} else {
echo "other module instances of the cart module";
}
?>
where XX is the id of the module instance you want to display differently from the others.

1 year 4 months ago #347465

thank you nicolas

nicolas wrote: But that's a setting specific to the latest article module.
That's not a setting all modules have and it's not in the cart module.

many module have this field and in this link:
docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Layout_Overrides_in..._Alternative_Layouts
joomla has some official document.
While thanking Hikashop, is it possible to include this topic in your plan for development for next release of hikacart or this field is not compatible with hikacart architecture?

nicolas wrote: If you want to have a different display for different instances of the cart module, you can do it with custom coding in the override of the product / cart view file.
For example, you can add such code at the top:

echo "module instance with the id XX"; 
} else {
echo "other module instances of the cart module";
}
?>

nicolas wrote: where XX is the id of the module instance you want to display differently from the others.

i guess maybe you give me this solution. but this is not robust solution for my joomla situation.
thank you again.

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by sadaf3d.
The following user(s) said Thank You: infinityb

1 year 4 months ago #347471

Hi,

While that's true that the Joomla project added that setting to many modules included by default in Joomla, most modules not included in Joomla do not have that setting.
Also, that documentation explains how it can be used but not how it works in the background or how third party developers can implement it.
And we wouldn't be able to implement it the same way as the Joomla modules. That's because the code of the cart module is in product / cart. The cart module layout only has 3 lines of code to load the product / cart view file. Being able to override it with a layout like you can do with Joomla default modules wouldn't help you do what you want since you couldn't do any customization with these 3 lines of code.
What you want is something similar to the "layout on product page" setting of products / the HikaShop configuration which allows you to select among different view overrides across your templates.
While this could be implemented, I feel it's a lot of work for something almost no one would use while the alternative solution I proposed in my previous message is only a few lines of code.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sadaf3d

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #348949

The ability to select different cart layouts in the module settings is also something I would be interested in.
Adding 2 or 3 different layouts in the same product/cart override will result in a huge messy file that is difficult to keep up to date.

1 year 2 months ago #348953

Hi,

This is a non issue. It just depends on how you organize yourself.
The override of cart / product will be in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php
What you could do is create copies of that file, like for example templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart_layout_XX.php and templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart_default_layout.php
Then, in your product / cart view file, you could have just this code:

include_once('cart_layout_XX.php');
} else {
 include_once('cart_default_layout.php');
}
?>
Then, you can just modify the files cart_layout_XX.php and cart_default_layout.php separately.

Now, there are even smarter ways to do overrides to make it easier for you in the future.
For example, from the product / cart.php view file, you could modify the variables available in $this before calling the original view file. That way, you could have different changes, while still using the default view file of HikaShop. You would get all the modifications to the view automatically and that's the less likely to require modifications in the future.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349081

Ah I see, thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds