how to make my categories show category text and images on front page?

• Thank you received: 1
1 year 3 months ago #348271

-- url of the page with the problem -- : framemaker.dk/en/shop/product/listing/16-unstructured-templates
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.10.11 Stable [ Daraja ] 14-August-2022 14:18 GMT
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 108.0.2 (64-bit

I have been messing around with the shop hoping to make text and images added to the category description show up on the front page, but with little luck.
I would expect these options to work from the category filter module or inside the categories, but I just can't figure it out. Can you possibly direct me?
Best regards
Bjørn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 3 months ago #348275

Hi,

While the options of the module allows you to configure how the module will display its content, for the content which will be displayed in the main area of the page once you click on a link of the module, it's the associated menu item which has the settings.

Since this is a product listing displayed by the "shop" menu item, it's this menu item's options you need to edit via the joomla menu manager. There, under the "products options" tab, you'll find the settings "show description" and "show image" which you can activate to display the current category image/description at the top of the products listing.

The following user(s) said Thank You: framemaker

• Thank you received: 1
1 year 3 months ago #348302

Hi Nicolas
Thank you very much for your good explanation! That was a great help.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds