-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4
-- PHP version -- : 8
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error

Hi,
I want to make short description different than full description

Short to be a text different than full description

I'm thinking to use meta description from product, to copy that code to add it in right.
It is possible? Where can i find that code or do you have any idea how to make this short description as i needed?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
1 year 2 months ago #348622

Hi,

Note first that you can split the description in two with a hr HTML tag ( www.cloudaccess.net/joomla-knowledgebase...tton-joomla-3-0.html ) the text before the hr can be displayed on the listings and the text after will be displayed on the product details page.

The meta description is used in the HTML headers of the page for search engines indexation. You can use it as a "short description", but keep in mind you can't have HTML tags in it. If you want to display the meta description somewhere on the product details page, you can edit the file product / show_default.php via the menu Display>Views and use such code:

<?php echo $this->element->product_meta_description; ?>

Ideally, the best would be to create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields (Essential and Business editions only). You can then either let HikaShop display it on the product page for you thanks to the display settings of the custom field, or display it manually with a similar override to product / show_default.php:
<?php echo $this->element->xxx; ?>
where xxx is the column name of the custom product field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds