Product details button ? or use something else. But how?

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
1 year 2 months ago #348920

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

The client wants to display the productlisting as you can see in the picture I attached. They only sell courses for mainly older people. Like painting, learn the pc etc.

So on the blue buttons is the word REGISTER, for the course that is. The product we sell.
And they want that button to change to REGISTER CLOSED when the course is sold out or after a certain date.

Is that possible?

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by gasoline.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
1 year 2 months ago #348923

Hello,

There are several possible ways to do this, but in order to better guide you, can you provide an Url link in order to allow us to better understand the context ?
Another point, can you want to have the price always displayed (sold out or not)? Do you have other product in your website for free ? Do you want that your product will be sold out automatically or manually ? And list any important and specific elements that you want if possible.

Awaiting your returns to progress on your subject
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Philip.

1 year 2 months ago #348956

Philip wrote: Hello,

There are several possible ways to do this, but in order to better guide you, can you provide an Url link in order to allow us to better understand the context ?
Another point, can you want to have the price always displayed (sold out or not)? Do you have other product in your website for free ? Do you want that your product will be sold out automatically or manually ? And list any important and specific elements that you want if possible.

Awaiting your returns to progress on your subject
Regards

Hi Philip,
A url to a page (this is the old J3 site, soon it will be J4). So the question is mainly for J4.

This message contains confidential information

They sell only paid courses. Some are limited to a certain number others not. So with limited 'stock' it should preferably be automatic. The price can always be displayed, that's not an issue.

And they want to show also the dates, but that is already solved in other topic. I made extra field.

I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by gasoline.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 2 months ago #348963

Hi,

I would first recommend changing the layout from "div" to "table" under the "products options" tab of your menu item settings in the Joomla menu manager.
That way it will be closer to what you have in your screenshot.

Then, I would recommend turning on the "add to cart button" display setting in the same place. That way, you'll have the add to cart button directly on the listing. And when there is no stock, you'll have the "no stock" message.

Finally, if you want to customize the look of the "no stock" message so that it looks like a red button, that's possible with some CSS coding.

1 year 2 months ago #349000

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I would first recommend changing the layout from "div" to "table" under the "products options" tab of your menu item settings in the Joomla menu manager.
That way it will be closer to what you have in your screenshot.

Then, I would recommend turning on the "add to cart button" display setting in the same place. That way, you'll have the add to cart button directly on the listing. And when there is no stock, you'll have the "no stock" message.

Finally, if you want to customize the look of the "no stock" message so that it looks like a red button, that's possible with some CSS coding.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks. That's clear. But I can't get a 'no stock' message I guess with 'products' that don't have a numbered inventory.

I don't like the table setup. CSS, and modifying the templatefiles, is no issue for me so layout I can solve, that's not the issue.

I'll keep on trying!

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 2 months ago #349001

Hi,

What do you mean by

But I can't get a 'no stock' message I guess with 'products' that don't have a numbered inventory.

?
In a previous message, you said:
they want that button to change to REGISTER CLOSED when the course is sold out or after a certain date.
Normally, if a product has stock and has no sale end date, or a sale end date in the future, HikaShop will display the add to cart button.
And if the product doesn't have any stock left, or has a sale end date in the past, it won't display the add to cart button and will display a message like "no stock" or "this item is not sold anymore". And both of these texts can be customized to display as a button with the text "register closed" with a translation override and a bit of CSS.
So I'm not clear on what's keeping you from doing what I recommanded. Maybe I don't have a full grasp of your need here.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline

1 year 2 months ago #349008

nicolas wrote: Hi,

What do you mean by

But I can't get a 'no stock' message I guess with 'products' that don't have a numbered inventory.

?
In a previous message, you said:
they want that button to change to REGISTER CLOSED when the course is sold out or after a certain date.
Normally, if a product has stock and has no sale end date, or a sale end date in the future, HikaShop will display the add to cart button.
And if the product doesn't have any stock left, or has a sale end date in the past, it won't display the add to cart button and will display a message like "no stock" or "this item is not sold anymore". And both of these texts can be customized to display as a button with the text "register closed" with a translation override and a bit of CSS.
So I'm not clear on what's keeping you from doing what I recommanded. Maybe I don't have a full grasp of your need here.

Hi Nicolas,
Sorry for my bad English that makes the confusion. But I clearly understand what you are saying. So what I want is possible. I'll figure it out now.
So for me the problem is solved ;).

I'll keep on trying!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds