When publishing related products, how can I hide price?

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #350148

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.javelincommunications.com/build-you-dream-stanchion
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11

In this instance, base price is completely irrelevant and misleading to the customer. Price always depends on selection of options.
I assume there is a layout for this somewhere in Views?
Can I clone the layout and apply it selectively?
That would be the best, because in some cases we don't suppress this value across the entire store. Only for certain products,. like these which have many complex variants.
If we have to make a storewide modification in this case, I can live with that.

As far as I can tell right now, this issue relates to "hikashop_category_information_module."
I've checked out potential layouts in Views but can't be certain which one controls this behavior.
I wonder if it would possible to control this on a case-by-case via selective custom CSS code using the module number.
Thank you!
-Jim Gribble

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by jgribble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
1 year 1 month ago #350154

Hello,

Follow me step by step :
1. Create for all your characteristics a value "select"
2. Define in your variant product for all your characteristic on "select" value AND define no price to each of this "select" variant
TIPS : if you have lot of products and variant, you can consider the MassAction to reach all required product and define new characteristic value in the same move.
3. Check that the "Display 'add to cart' button for free products" option is set to "No" (HikaShop Configuration, Main tab => Product part).
4. Process an override view in your language file to replace "free" for a notice to invite customer to set their products ( documentation ).

Hope this will help you to achieve your needs
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #350223

Thank you for this suggestion. However it seems a lot of trouble to go to considering we have many, many, characteristics, options and variants and only three products. I was hoping to be able to turn it off in one click in the CP. I get it that I am attempting a lot more customization than the average user. Hikashop team has been most helpful. I may try and come up with an alternative workaround, possibly using a custom field.
-Jim Gribble

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 1 month ago #350226

Hi,

If you want to only hide the main price of one product while keeping the price displayed for other products, you can do it with CSS like this:
#hikashop_product_completestanchions_page .hikashop_product_price_full { display: none; }
If you look at the HTML of the page, you can find the id hikashop_product_completestanchions_page in the main div of the product page. The part "completestanchions" changes with each product.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #350231

I thought this was possible, thanks for showing me. One of these solutions is going to work for us. With Hikashop there are so many ways to "skin the cat." Just don't ever tell my cats I said that, because I love them to death.
-Jim Gribble

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds