When the product has variant and options, the options are not added to cart

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
11 months 1 week ago #351661

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 8

Hi,

When the product has characteristics and options selecting options then pressing add to cart doesn't add the options you selected.

Also, I had the add to cart popup appear above the add to cart button, with the characteristics being set to display as list the popup appears off screen? This is an issue with a newer release.

I can confirm I have tested this on another site and there is the same issue - if you want a link to my other test please let me know.

Sorry just to add:

Group options with product
Group options with product for the shipping price calculation

both set to yes

Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by grayt7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
11 months 1 week ago #351663

Hi,

Indeed. In "list" mode, each add to cart button has its own form. And the options are outside of these forms so they cannot be taken into account during the add to cart.
If you need options / custom item fields, you need to use another display mode for your characteristics.

Regarding the notification box, I'm not sure why it's doing that.
The HTML of the notification box is added there, above the button, similarly to how it's done when there are no variants on the product.
I would need to study the differences between both to see what's causing this. It's probably some custom CSS affecting one and not the other. However, the popup disappears after a few seconds so I'm not able to look at the situation for long enough.
I would need you to change the delay in the settings of the cart notification plugin so that the popup displays for a long time.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
11 months 1 week ago #351695

Hi,

But this USED to work? this is relatively recent issue? I have a joomla 3 site where it is working fine - the options were added when you selected any variant add to cart button from the list. List is the only type of view that will work with the ordering method, we can not change that? How can we get the options to be added please?

If its custom CSS then its not working tithe the default joomla template or default hikashop CSS either? But yeah I can probably modify that, thank you.

thank you for getting back to me

• Thank you received: 13062
11 months 6 days ago #351696

Hi,

This never worked with the AJAX add to cart system since at least HikaShop 3.0.0
This might have worked at some point with HikaSHop 2.0 and the old add to cart system.
I suppose it could work with the new system with some development. Maybe your Joomla 3 has some custom code in view overrides to handle that ? Or maybe you're using an old view override or something, relying on the old add to cart mechanism there ?
Could you give the URL of a page where this works so that I could check the situation there ?

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds