• Thank you received: 0
11 months 1 week ago #354373

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 115.0.5790.171
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404
Page not found : page

Hello! Help me please! I'm creating a vertical menu for HikaShop categories/subcategories. I am using a module CinchMenu. And the menu/submenu structure is created, but the links are not created, they look like component/hikashop/. What could be the reason?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13200
11 months 1 week ago #354374

Hi,

Are you talking about this module ? pixelpointplayground.com/menus/cinch-menu
I don't see anywhere where it says it supports HikaShop categories, so I'm surprised you would be able to do it with it. It doesn't seem to have any option relative to HikaShop either.
The reason you get component/hikashop is because the URL the module uses to generate the SEF URL is missing the Itemid parameter. Usually, the module should have a setting to select the menu item to use in order to set that parameter, and that menu item needs to be of one of the types of HikaShop.
For example, if you create a vertical menu for HikaShop categories/subcategories with the default HikaShop content module, which is preinstalled with HikaShop, you have under its "HikaShop options" tab, an option "menu" where you can do this.

11 months 1 week ago #354388

Nicholas, thank you very much for your reply!
The site www.aet-group.ru/production.html is the old version of the site (it is still working), here joomla3, HikaShop and CinchMenu. It works here, that's why i decided to use it again to create a new version of the site. But as it turned out, CinchMenu is not suitable for modern versions of Joomla and HikaShop - the CinchMenu module has not been updated since 2013.
Thank you very much for the advice to use the built-in HikaShop modules, I will do so. Just advise, please, which module to use to create a vertical menu - HikaShop Content Module or Categories on 1(2) level?

11 months 1 week ago #354392

Hi,

Both modules are actually different instances of the same module. They are just configured differently.
The "categories on 2 level" module instances is already configured to work like you want. So I would recommend to use it.

11 months 1 week ago #354400

Nicolas, thanks a lot!

10 months 2 weeks ago #354934

Hello! I continue the topic.
I'm creating a vertical menu for HikaShop categories/subcategories with the default HikaShop module Categories on 1 level signode-system.ru/4/produktsiya.html .
But I have problems again:
1. The menu is displayed only on the main category page, and on the subcategory pages, only the title, for example signode-system.ru/4/produktsiya/kolding.html . Why? I need the menu to display the same on all pages!
2. I need SEF URLs to be generated, how can I do that?
3. Example: page opened from a vertical menu signode-system.ru/4/hikashop-menu-for-ca...gory/16-kolding.html
The same page should open like this: signode-system.ru/4/produktsiya/kolding.html
Please help me solve my problems!!!

10 months 2 weeks ago #354936

I will add according to problem 3:
The pages show only subcategories, no descriptions. Can't understand where to include descriptions.

10 months 2 weeks ago #354937

Hi,

1. This probably indicates that you have the "synchronize" setting activated under the HikaShop options tab of your categories on 1 level module. Because of that, the module only displays the subcategories of the current category.

2. SEF URLs are already generated everywhere on your website, including there. So I'm not sure what you mean. Please explain more.

3. In the "HikaShop options" tab of your module, you have a "menu" setting. There, you need to select the "produktsiya" menu item. The module will then use that menu item to generate the URLs.

4. At the moment, your module is using the "hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing" menu item instead of your "produktsiya".
In order to display the description of the current category with your "produktsiya" menu item, you've activated the "show description" setting under the "categories options" tab of that menu item. You would have to do the same in the settings of the "hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing" menu item to get the descriptions to display when using the links of your module.
But simply changing the menu setting of your module as explained in point 3 will solve that too so no need to bother with the "hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing" menu item

10 months 2 weeks ago #354958

Hi, Nikolas! Thanks a lot for your answer!

1. Do you mean it - see screenshots 1 and 2? As you can see, synchronization is disabled, but nothing has changed - only titles are displayed on the subcategory pages. Or something else you had in mind?

2. 2. Yes, SEF URLs are already generated everywhere on my website. But I would like to change the look of the link. For example: Categories on 1 level module generates links signode-system.ru/4/hikashop-menu-for-pr...ting/16-kolding.html
And here is a link to the same page generated by the system: signode-system.ru/4/produktsiya/kolding.html .
Is it possible to change the look of the link generated by the module to make it the same? Well, or at least remove the long part, for example signode-system.ru/4/16-kolding.html ?

3. Descriptions connected, thanks.
I didn’t understand point 4, but it’s probably not necessary now, right?

Attachments:

10 months 2 weeks ago #354960

Hi,

1. Could you provide screenshots for all the settings under the HikaShop options tab of the module ?

2. As I said in my point 3 in my previous message, you need to select "produktsiya" in the "menu" setting.
I can see you didn't do it on your second screenshot.
This will fix what you're talking about in point 2.

10 months 2 weeks ago #354966

Hi, Nicolas!
1. When I took screenshots, I saw the Display settings at the bottom. They were all disabled. I have enabled the Product listing and Category listing options. It became much better, but! Now, when opening pages from the module, descriptions are everywhere, but there are no subcategories. At the same time, when opening from the main horizontal menu, there are subdirectories.
For example:
call from the module menu signode-system.ru/4/hikashop-menu-for-pr...ting/16-kolding.html
call from main menu signode-system.ru/4/produktsiya/kolding.html

2. Excuse me, in fact, I chose “produktsiya” based on your advice, it’s just that I made the screenshot earlier.))

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by catsub.

10 months 2 weeks ago #354968

Hi,

No worries, but "products listing" is still not the one you need to select there. It's "Продукция" you need to select, the menu item with the alias "produktsiya". The "products listing" menu item is the one with the alias "hikashop-menu-for-products-listing"
And that's why you get URLs with "hikashop-menu-for-products-listing" instead of the URLs you want.
Once you get the URLs you want, you'll also have the display you want when you click on the categories of the module.

10 months 2 weeks ago #354986

Hi, Nikolas! Thank you for your help to me!
Do you mean this menu - see screenshot?

This menu is not formed correctly. There is no "Products" item in it. There is a name for a separate menu “Products”, but this name is not clickable.
Here is the first level of the main menu:
home
About company
Products
News
Contacts
Of these, in the main menu generated by the module, there is only News, which is why I cannot select the Products item.
How is this menu formed, can I reformat it?

Attachments:

10 months 2 weeks ago #354989

Hi, Nicolas!

While you had the weekend, I experimented. I have a Products menu, but I haven’t used it on the site yet. I inserted the Products item into this menu and used it in the module.
In general, everything worked, but this is an incorrect way. The question is still relevant: why the main menu is displayed incorrectly in the module and how to fix it.

And I still don’t understand how to change the style of the “Categories on 1 level” header, for example here signode-system.ru/4/produktsiya.html

Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by catsub.

10 months 2 weeks ago #355000

Hi,

Ok, I think I see what's going on.
The page signode-system.ru/4/produktsiya.html is not a "category listing" menu item type.
And that's why it doesn't work as I expect it to.
Then, you need to go plan B and manually provide the URL you want to be used for each category.
In each category fill the "canonical URL" setting with the URL you want to be used.
Then, in the HikaShop configuration page, activate the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting, and you'll get the URLs you want in the module.

10 months 2 weeks ago #355048

Nicolas, thank you very much for your help to me. Everything is working fine now.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds