6 months 1 week ago #356056

-- url of the page with the problem -- : Not live so no url
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 118.0.5993.89
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

Hi,

I am really struggling to get Characteristics to work. I have a product with characteristics set to display, but when I go to the page it shows the product with button "Choose Options", but then when I select this button it takes me back to the Home page displaying the product but with none of the Characteristics. So 2 questions:

1. Why does it go back to the Home page?
2. Why do the Characteristics not display with the product on the page that I choose to display them, instead of showing a "Choose Options" button?

3. On another subject whenever I try to go to the Demo site I get a message saying "Sorry, we could not find the page you were looking for"

Thanks for any help.

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
6 months 1 week ago #356063

OK I have sorted out problem 2. when I discovered the Variants tab.

Also problem 1. is not going to the Home page but a page where many of the Home page modules are displayed. How do I remove these modules from the "Choose Options" page when that page doesn't show against those modules?

Thanks,

Gary

• Thank you received: 13080
6 months 1 week ago #356074

Hi,

1. What did you configure to display a listing of products ?
I suppose you must be using a "HikaShop content module" instance that you configured via the Joomla modules manager.
In the "HikaShop options" tab of your module, you have a setting "menu".
In that setting, you need to select a menu item of the type HikaShop products listing or HikaShop categories listing so that the links of that module will use this menu item.
If you don't enter anything, the system will use either the current menu item or the default one.
And so it's possible it will be the homepage menu item. And if you restricted modules to display on the homepage menu item, then these modules will also be displayed on the page of the links of your module.

3. I just checked the demo website and it displays fine. What is the URL you're using to access it ?

6 months 1 week ago #356101

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

3. OK in your documentation for Options there is a link to "demo website" and this is one that doesn't work.

1. Yes i am using the "HikaShop content module" and I can see the "HikaShop options" tab but I cannot find a setting "menu" or anything else that might do this. Can you be more specific as to where I can find this? I have set up a a menu item of the type HikaShop products listing.

Thanks,

Gary

• Thank you received: 13080
6 months 1 week ago #356103

Hi,

3. Thanks for your feedback. I've updated the link there.

1. You have to have a "menu" setting there.
Here is a screenshot with the label of the option highlighted:
i.imgur.com/SSQlOdy.png
Please check again.

6 months 1 week ago #356119

Thanks a lot - don't know how I missed it, maybe because it is indented, but that is no excuse, so my apologies.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds