Variants dimensions not displayed if main product has no dimensions specified

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
6 months 3 days ago #356270

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.11

Hi,
I have several products where the main product shows a picture of all variants together then the visitor can choose the preferrend variant from the dropdown list.
One of the specifications that changes in the variants is the "dimensions" but, if the main product does not have dimensions because it is not possible to know them before choosing the variant, none of the dimensions of the variants will be shown when choosing.
I've not tried but I suppose that it is the same for variants weight, where the main products' (summary of variants) weight is null.

Would you help me, please?
Thanks
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13080
6 months 3 days ago #356275

Hi,

That's not the behavior I see on my end.
I have not entered any dimensions in my main product, I entered dimensions in all the variants of the product, and the dimensions display properly.
In fact, the dimensions of the default variant display even before I change the selected variant.

Could it be that you didn't activate the "dimensions display" setting of the HikaShop configuration ? Or that you didn't enter a dimension for some of the variants of your product ?
Could you maybe provide the URL of a product with the issue you're seeing ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: bellaidea

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
6 months 1 day ago #356304

nicolas wrote: Hi,

That's not the behavior I see on my end.
I have not entered any dimensions in my main product, I entered dimensions in all the variants of the product, and the dimensions display properly.
In fact, the dimensions of the default variant display even before I change the selected variant.

Could it be that you didn't activate the "dimensions display" setting of the HikaShop configuration ? Or that you didn't enter a dimension for some of the variants of your product ?
Could you maybe provide the URL of a product with the issue you're seeing ?

You are right, the default variant didn't have dimension set.
Thank you very much!
Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds