Copy Variants?

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
5 months 2 weeks ago #356828

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome

I have a list of 43 variants with added prices for each. I want to copy this for another product but need to increase the price for each variant.

I copied it once and it only copied 10 of the 43 . Now it will not copy any and just says "No default variant selected.

Seems like this should be so easy, yet here I am hour later angry, frustrated and fed up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
5 months 2 weeks ago #356829

Now I can't even add a variant. It just keeps saying "The product has characteristics but not variants. Click on the 'Variants' tab and add variants to it."

What do I need to do here?

• Thank you received: 13085
5 months 2 weeks ago #356843

Hi,

When you copy a product, the variants can be copied, but for this to work properly, the product code of the variants needs to not be changed from the default.
If you change the product code, then the copy system is not able to match the variants with the characteristics on the copied products and the variants won't be copied over.

The message "No default variant selected." appears when, among the list of variants of a product, no variant is selected as default. So go in the "variants" tab of the product, and on the variants listing, click on the icon of one of the variants under the "default" column.

The message "The product has characteristics but not variants. Click on the 'Variants' tab and add variants to it." appears when no variants are linked to a product. So you need to go in the "variants" tab of the product, and click on the "add variants" button to add new variants.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds