Product Quantity Ordered

• Thank you received: 10
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #356981

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.0

Small Bakery Business with retail shop front and click and collect, replacing phone orders
We limit each days baking for products that are available for click and collect in the Product > Specific Product > Main Options

These are the settings ....
Item: Cottage Loaf - Small - 532g
Main Options > Quantity : 16
Restrictions > Quantity per order: 1-6

Restrictions functions as it should as the popup says that clearly
Quantity shows as expected

Exception: I open three different browsers. 1 and 2 order 6 each leaving 4 remaining

The Item number when browser 3 opens still shows 16 available when only 4 are.
I'm not expecting this
Am I missing something?

Additional question .... when will it stop ;-)
So each day 16 are available to be baked for Click n Collect if 16 are ordered
Is there a daily reset I'm missing that ties in with the above clarification?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
5 months 1 week ago #356988

Hi,

The crux of the matter is this sentence:

I open three different browsers. 1 and 2 order 6 each leaving 4 remaining

The stock of the product will be modified based of different conditions:
- First, if the product is in a cart, the stock is not changed. The stock is only changed later in the ordering process.
- In the HikaShop configuration page, you have the setting "Update the product stock on confirmed status". If that setting is turned off, then the stock of the product will be modified once the cart is transformed into an order. This happens when the customer clicks on the "finish" button at the end of the checkout, before he is redirected to the payment gateway for the payment.
- If the "Update the product stock on confirmed status" setting is activated, then the stock of the product will be updated after the order's status changes from "created" to "confirmed". This normally happens after the payment gateway receives the payment from the customer and notifies the payment plugin which will in turn ask HikaShop to change the status of the order to "confirmed".

So I'm thinking that the way your HikaShop is configured, it hasn't yet taken into account the purchase of the 12 products and thus it still only displays the initial stock.

Now, on top of all this, if you want to have a cart reservation system where the customers are guarantied they can purchase the products in their cart during a specific period of time, we have this newly released plugin:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/208...art-reservation.html

• Thank you received: 10
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #357018

Thanks for that brilliant clarification

"Update the product stock on confirmed status"
Nailed it partially

I'm also thinking that as the shop is running in eWay sandbox mode, that this is maybe causing the grief. :oops:
A few tweaks with products and we are going to go live on the dummy site with products at $1 to test with multiple users.

Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by yerg55. Reason: Clarity
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds