Show related products to Joomla articles

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358230

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.1

Situation:
I have Joomla articles in category "Authors" and the menu item for category blog. So articles shows on blog list. Articles dont have menu items!
In each article I am adding related products (via product tag) at the end of text (books).
Problem:
When new products/books come, I must edit articles with authors too.
Solution:
Auto display module at the end of article with related products.
I think to make an module for each author and include it at the end of article. No problem.
But how to filter the output of those modules? Tags, kw, custom fields...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
3 months 2 weeks ago #358240

Hi,

How about creating one HikaShop content module for each article and in the "main category" setting of the module, selecting a HikaShop category corresponding to the article?
That way, in each product, you can select the categories for the article(s) where you want the product to appear and it will appear in the corresponding modules.

Another thing is to develop a plugin of the group "hikashop" implementing the onBeforeProductListingLoad event:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...reProductListingLoad
With it, you can add dynamic conditions to the loading of the products listings on your frontend. So you could infer the condition based on the URL of the current page for example.

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358243

Thank you
For first option, to many categories to handle.
For second I do not have the skils.

I allready have hika custom fields (author). Can that be used for filtering in module? Maybe some module override?

• Thank you received: 13075
3 months 2 weeks ago #358245

Hi,

Can that be used for filtering in module?

Yes, with some coding via the implementation of the onBeforeProductListingLoad event, as I was saying in option 2.
You won't be able to do it with a module override. The product data is already loaded by the point the views of the module are being displayed. And even if it was with a module override, it would still require coding skills.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds