Category not showing in breadcrumb with 'simplified breadcrumbs' disabled

• Thank you received: 13
  • Hikashop Business
4 weeks 1 day ago #360069

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I have "simplified breadcrumbs" set to "no" but the categories are not displaying in the breacrumbs. Only the product is displaying. My client wants the category / full path listed as a breadcrumb.

I have "simplified breadcrumbs" set to "no" but the categories are not displaying in the breadcrumbs. Only the product is displaying. My client wants the category / full path listed as a breadcrumb and it appears Hikashop is configured to do.

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
Websites that Work, Marketing that Matters

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
4 weeks 1 day ago #360073

Hi,

You must have a canonical URL configured in your products, and that canonical URL doesn't contain the "category_pathway" parameter necessary for this, and you have the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated.

So you have 3 ways to "fix" this:
- turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting in the HikaShop configuration so that the URL on the listings is generated dynamically.
- empty the "canonical URL" of your products so that the URL on the listings is generated dynamically.
- modify the canonical URL in your products to include the category_pathway parameter, similarly to how HikaShop would add it with the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting turned off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds