Show category headers on page?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #360853

Hi there,

I am using the content module to show vendor products on the vendor page on my site, as you can see here. omnomnow.ca/all-restaurants/petu-indian-curry-kabab

However, since this is a restaurant ordering site, I've also allowed vendors to create categories under their main category so that, for instance, they have starters, mains, desserts, and so on.

Is there any way to show these category titles on the content module and to group the items based on categories? I've tried to change settings on the content module, but can't find anything that does this.

I've attached a screenshot of the current settings.

When I tried to assign a product from this page to a subcategory I created on that vendor's profile, the product disappeared, too, so that's not really working as planned!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 616
1 month 1 week ago #360862

Hello,

First note that your screenshot is blurry and therefore impossible to use.
Now try to reproduce at least partly my settings displayed in my screenshot:

Note especially the red bordered part.
Regards

Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Philip.

1 month 1 week ago #360872

It's a full page screenshot. You have to zoom in to see the details.

I'm pretty sure I've already tried that configuration, and it does not show the category headers on the page. But I will try it again.

1 month 1 week ago #360878

Hi,

I just checked, and unfortunately, this does not solve the problem.

I am using the Hikashop content module to show each vendor's products on their store page. As such, it is not specific to any vendor or any category created by vendors when signing up or subsequently from their dashboard.

When I change the settings as mentioned in your response, it shows the main product category header but none of the subcategories that they have created. So, essentially, it does not work.

I need to show the subcategories created by each vendor. I've made a video to explain this a little better. But in a nutshell, the "grouped by category" setting you're talking about only shows the category set as the main category and NOT all the subcategories. How do I do THAT? I have looked. There does not appear to be an option to show subcategories specific to the vendor category being displayed, but THAT is what I need to do.

Thanks.

1drv.ms/v/s!ApCULpUUmrCAj6hIXjBbr8Ss-wQRzw?e=QMjDTJ

• Thank you received: 13138
1 month 1 week ago #360890

Hi,

With the module "sub elements filter" set to "group by category", the module will sort the loaded products by category.
So the problem is not the grouping, it's the filtering of the products for only the vendor of the page.
I think that what you're missing is the setting "Filter same vendor" added by HikaMarket under the HikaShop options tab of your module settings. This setting needs to be turned on so that only the products of the vendor of the current vendor detail page are taken into account.
I didn't see that setting in your video as you didn't scroll down far enough. I think you might have overlooked that setting and left it turned off. Please check.

1 month 6 days ago #360945

Hi,

No, I tried it again with the "grouped by category" setting and the other setting, and it still does not show the products in the vendor subcategories on the page.

It seems like there's a setting to choose how many levels are missing from this. It's only pulling from the top level category, not the subcategories.

1 month 5 days ago #360947

Hi,

It's working fine on my end.
Please provide a backend access, a FTP access and a vendor access with products and the URL of that vendor page so that we can replicate the issue on your website and find out what's going on.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

1 month 2 days ago #361006

Hi,

I sent all this via email last week. Any idea what the problem is yet?

Regards,

Tamara

1 month 20 hours ago #361056

Hi,

So I looked at your backend settings, and I tried to reproduce the issue on my end, but I'm not able to get the same problem.
On my end the module properly group the products of the vendor into their different categories.
So this means that it will require debugging the code via the FTP access to understand what's going on.
However, the FTP access you provided doesn't give access to the files of the website, only to an empty folder.
You must be missing something in the settings of the FTP account.
Could you please double check it ?

1 month 4 hours ago #361069

Hi,

I've installed Phoca Commander on the site, so you can manage and upload files directly from the backend of the site. I am going to take a backup quickly.

1 month 10 minutes ago #361074

Hi,

Ok. I found what was the problem. The sub category "vegetable snacks" was unpublished. So if you move a product to it, it won't appear anymore on the listing of products.
I've enabled it back, and added a product to it, and now I see it on the list of products of the vendor, under its category, as expected:
i.imgur.com/x7qmUhP.png
So all you have left is to create other published sub categories, and move the products to their corresponding sub category and they will appear properly grouped by category on the listing.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds