Custom Fields not being added to Product with Variants upon purchase.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 weeks 5 days ago #361139

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.4

I have a product – a clothing item.
The product has a Characteristic of Size – to give 8 Variants (Small to 5XL)
I have a Custom Item Field, that allows the customer to add their designed personalization choice to the clothing Item.

Issue: the Custom Field is not applied to the product, when the customer clicks ‘Add to Cart’

At first, I thought it was a display issue. The Custom field was just not visible in the Cart. So I did some testing.
Under HikaShop > Display > Custom Fields, every Display option is set to Yes.
I completed checkout. The custom field did not appear in the Invoice, nor admin/customer emails
I tried the default Cassiopeia template. The custom field did not appear in the cart.
I tried attaching the Custom Field to a product, with no variants. The custom field did appear in the cart.

So why are Custom Fields not being added to Products with Variants. Am I doing something wrong? Bug? Or will HikaShop just not work that way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13138
3 weeks 4 days ago #361141

Hi,

HikaShop has normally no problem have custom item fields on products with characteristic selectors.
We even have had people asking us about the possibility to restrict custom item fields based on selected variants for many years:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...th-custom-field.html
So what you want to do should definitely work, as far as I understand.

And indeed, I would also have recommended first to check the display settings of the custom item field, and then proposed to try with the default template, in case the problem would be coming from a template override. But since you already did, it must be something else.

I'm afraid we'll need to look directly at the situation on your website to check what's going on. Could you provide the URL of a product page with that issue ?

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 weeks 4 days ago #361144

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The site is in development, and so is in offline mode. I will send URL, and login via the Support mechanism.
Hope that's OK

• Thank you received: 13138
3 weeks 4 days ago #361145

Hi,

Ok, I see what's the problem.
You're using the "list" selector mode for characteristics. In that case, the add to cart system doesn't support custom item fields.
Instead, I would recommend you to create a custom field of the table "order" to have it during the checkout, after the different variants have been added to the cart.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds