Search engine for the products of the online store

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 weeks 4 days ago #361152

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.2

Dear Hikashop!

I would like to create a free word search engine for the products of the online store. I tried, but it didn't work exactly. I made a filter, I set its type to text. I set the "Apply on" option to the product description. But no matter how many words I enter in the product description, the search engine returns incorrect results. For example, it did not give any results, but it also gave results that were not typical of the search term. How should I correctly set the search filter to give correct results?

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13138
3 weeks 3 days ago #361156

Hi,

Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your filter, if you're using a filter module for the display of the filter, a screenshot of the settings of the module, and the URL of the page where the filter is so that we can look at the situation ?

The most likely issue is that you're using the filter module, but in your module settings, you either left the "menu" setting empty or you entered a wrong menu item id. You need to enter in there the id of a menu item of the type "HikaShop products listing" which is configured to list all your products by default so that the filtering can be done on that list.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 weeks 23 hours ago #361222

dear Hikashop!

Thank you very much for the advice. I managed to set the filter well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds