Variant Handling Changes in 1.5.1

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #18203

Hello All,

Since I haven't updated since v1.4.8, I thought it was time to see what's new/changed before doing the update to 1.5.1. I came across this post ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...lished-variants.html ) regarding a change in the way unpublished variants are handled, but cannot find any reference to that in the change log. At what version was this change implemented?

I have always deleted unneeded variants rather than unpublish them, so can I deduce from the above post that there should be no problem or noticed change to variant display when my sites are updated? I always deleted them simply because there was no or little possibility that those particular variants would ever be needed for a particular product and to be honest, never even noticed the publish/unpublish option. Had I noticed it, I probably would have taken that route as I agree that that does seem the more logical and manageable way to do it, particularly when inventory levels change.

In any case, I'll update my test site first since I'll be jumping a few versions and there may be other new features or fixes that need attention.

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 9 months ago #18206

This was implemented in 1.5.1

Indeed, if you were deleting the variants you didn't need, you should be alright. Otherwise, you can just run the query as explained in the thread you linked so that the unpublished variants are deleted and then take the habit of deleteing them rather than unpublishing them.
For inventory, you don't need to unpublish them. Once the stock reaches 0 the variant can't be bought.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #18211

Thanks Nicolas for the prompt (as always) response.

Ed

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds